Tuesday, October 3, 2017

struggling

 I, along with everyone else, struggle to understand. The news has been relentless since the first reporting. We haven't learned much more about his motives and I sincerely doubt we ever will. In the midst of all this confusion, sorrow, and anger we must go on. I am getting concerned that the news outlets will begin to exploit this tragic occurrence rather than simply report the facts. My concern is they will cause further trauma to the general public. No doubt the " gun control " advocates will raise another great cry and hue. I don't believe there is anything anyone could have done to prevent this from happening. A lone man, he had lots of money and the desire to do this deed. Yes he bought guns. He bought them legally and I'm quite certain it will be discovered that some were purchased illegally. It makes no difference which ones were used. There just is no understanding madness. In my opinion that is what that was, an act of sheer madness.
 I went out to the store yesterday, partially to just get away from those news casts. Watching for too long can cause you to become depressed. I had to turn it off and walk away. We arrived at the Food Lion and they had Mums , sitting on pallets offered for sale. I noticed a little painted " ghost " sitting among them. I picked it up and it was a painted stone. On the backside of that stone it said " post to Delmar rocks " and hide somewhere else. I had noticed a week or so ago a small bucket with a sign in it here in Greensboro. The sign said, Community rock garden. Take a rock, paint a rock. The two things clicked in my mind. I brought the rock home, photographed it and posted to Delmar rocks.
 It turns out Delmar rocks is a group on Facebook. I had to join the group in order to post. Delmar, in case you are not familiar with that term means Delaware / Maryland as they border each other on the Delmar peninsula. The purpose is to see how far and wide these rocks will travel, similar to the " where's George " thing with the dollar bills. I'm thinking the wife and I will each paint a rock and set them somewhere. I did hide the rock I found at Food Lion in another location. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the future. It certainly seems like a harmless diversion.
 This year, 2017 has been a tough one so far. Personal loses along with national tragedies and civil unrest seems to have filled this year. It is not a year to remember. It has been a year of reminders though. I am reminded how quickly things can change. I am reminded just how much our friends and family mean to us. I am reminded to not take things for granted. There is about 89 days left in this year. You shouldn't ever be anxious for days to pass, we all have, after all , a limited number of them. Still I can't help but hope for next year. I'm hoping it will be better. Without getting political there is a section of the population that I'm afraid won't allow that. They seem determined to " get their way " at all costs. There is another section of the population that grows in stubborn persistence. They've got their back up, as the saying goes. It is my prayer that we can find common ground once again. I'm thinking we all need to just lighten up a bit. Maybe we just need a simple diversion. share a painted rock , instead of throwing them at each other.
 For some things there are no explanation ! That is the frustration. We struggle to understand. We can not. All we can do is keep moving forward. It is my belief we need divine intervention. We must remember the divine has not abandoned us, we need to believe. Asking without belief does nothing. God does not allow these things to happen. these are the choices of man. Man has been given free will, it is the choices we make that control our fate. Destiny ? Well I wrote about that before, I believe fate fulfills destiny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment