Thursday, October 12, 2017

clarity and the news

 I have regained my breath from yesterdays news and am still processing that. I have found the best way for me to do that is to let it " simmer " for a while. I do need to get it down to its' essence. Once I have accomplished that much I will decide upon a course of action. Even when we throw our hands in the air in desperation, there is something we can do. We just need time to see what that action may be. Clarity will come in time. Often we need to look at the horizon to see what is in front of us.
 I turned on the news to hear, the boy scouts are now going to admit girls. My initial reaction was, that's just stupid. Well, I've been thinking about that and guess what, it's stupid. I hear the girl scouts aren't very happy about it either. This centers around obtaining the Eagle scout badge. The girl scouts highest award is the Gold Award. The thinking is the Eagle scout award is better than the Gold Award. I wonder why that would be ? I was never a boy scout. As far as I know it is just a club, like all others. I question the relevance of that club in society today. And just why would the girl scouts of America think less of their top award ? Just what are they teaching those young ladies anyway ? Could it be that they are teaching them that no matter what award and accolades they receive they will never be a man ! Well that's controversial now isn't it. It certainly is, we should be teaching you get to decide what you want to be, biology be damned. You can get any award you want. We are striving for a gender neutral world.
 Oh I know it is all about this being a mans' world. A white mans' world. That's because every white guy in America has more privilege than anyone else. We got that by subjugating everyone else. Yup, that's what we did alright. I was born a white male and that gives me the edge. Well at least it always has. We need to change all of that. The fastest way to do that is just let people decide for themselves what they want to be. Hey, worked for Elizabeth Warren didn't it ? Rachel Dolezal changed her race as well. Then there is Bruce Jenner, another fine example of what is possible. Too bad he is so old, maybe he could win the women's championship in track and field. Of course I guess it is the men's awards that really count.
 There lies the problem for me. If you are saying the girls can do anything the same as the boys, and I agree that you can, why do you want the mans' award ? Shouldn't the objective be to have the ladies awards obtain equal status ? By insisting on getting the men's' award you are validating the idea that those awards are the superior award. Guess it is just me, but looks like a defeatist attitude to me. I can't beat the men, I'll join them. Girls in the boys scout ? Excuse me but if you allow girls to join the boy scouts it isn't the boy scouts anymore. Now it is the GNS of America. Gender Neutral Scots of America. Maybe it should be GYN of America. Gender Youth Neutral of America. LOL, You thought I was going to say something else. I'll be accused of that anyway, never mind actual facts. That isn't how the world works anymore. Now it is all about " identifying "and getting what you want. Bottom line in all of this seems to be, " your award isn't any better than my award, but I want your award."     

No comments:

Post a Comment