Saturday, September 23, 2017

I'll be listening

 There are moments in time when words can not express our feelings. I can write my thoughts, that is not so difficult, it is the expression of emotion that escapes me. I will be attending the memorial and graveside service for my sister in law, Joan. Her physical presence will be sorely missed. I will not be going to say goodbye, Joan will forever live in my thoughts and in my heart. I have many happy hours of memory to sustain me. Her name will be spoken, her spirit present each time it is uttered, and that will be enough.
 The text that comes the closet to expressing my feelings, my emotion this day is found in my Bible. It is often quoted Chapter and verse. First Corinthians Chapter Thirteen verse thirteen. " and now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three ; but the greatest of these is charity. " Charity is love because it is freely given without the expectation of reward. And that was Joan. She was one of the most charitable people I have ever known. I know she isn't gone because she is still interrupting me. I'm trying to explain and she is having none of it. Joan spoke her truths clearly, without reservation. Only those folks that are pure in spirit can do that. Yes Joan, I'm listening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment