Sunday, November 8, 2015

Milestones

 My granddaughter and her dance company went to Disney. It took two years of fundraising and countless hours of planning but they got it done. The highlight of the trip was they got to work with the Disney choreographers and dance on the big stage. Surely an exciting event for all these young ladies. It is one of those times they will talk about the rest of their lives. They will tell there children and grandchildren. For some, it may even be the highest point in their lives, their greatest accomplishment. One can never tell about these things. I once got to sing, with the choir at Radio City Music Hall in New York City ! There were many other voices and choirs there, but that's not how I remember it. I just remember I sang there. It was the highlight of my singing career. That is what I'm talking about.
 I have been getting reports and updates from my daughter in law. The reports and updates haven't been as frequent as I would have liked but she does have a bit of a job on her hands. She has been chaperoning other girls as well. I'm quite certain she must be nearing exhaustion by now ! I did get a report Thursday that Morgan had twisted her ankle and it was being iced.  The preliminary reports didn't sound good. For those of you that do not know Morgan was born with OI. OI is a bone disorder where the bones are fragile and break quite easily. She has had many breaks over the years. The fear exists with any injury to her of broken bones. Friday we heard she was in a wheelchair and the prognosis was grim. The next we heard was her ankle was taped, with that special tape they use nowadays, I can't recall what they call it, and she was going to try. My Morgan is a trooper and will not quit easily. A couple of ibuprofen's and off she went. I heard later in the day she was practicing and the show would go on.
 This morning when I got up I turned on my computer, as I always do. Checking Facebook I see a picture of my Morgan, center stage, flying through the air !  She did it. She has performed on that stage at Disney and her dream fulfilled. I couldn't be prouder of her. Despite the pain and discomfort she did not resign. That's my girl. I can't wait to speak to her and congratulate her. I'm so happy for her.
 I have tried to add a photo to this posting but it won't allow it. I don't know why that is but I'll investigate later. Anyway the greatest thing is to wake up and she that she is doing well. The big event went off and she got to participate. She and her Mom will be staying in Disney for a few days of rest and relaxation. What a wonderful experience for her. We are all anxious to see them again and we couldn't be prouder ! Morgan you done good ! As for Maria, we all miss you too ! We love you guys. Waiting to hear all the stories and tales of adventure. A milestone has been passed and the journey continues !


Finally got it ! That's her center stage flying high


No comments:

Post a Comment