Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Just say no

 The new discussion in about gender affirming care for children. I'm not surprised that the same people supporting abortion are supporting this as well. Apparently, they feel they have the power of life and death concerning their unborn child, and their children should they allow them to be born in the first place. They have decided that children can make decision about topics they know nothing about. They have decided to teach their children to just go forward based on feelings. Whatever they feel like is alright. I wonder if those same people would support these children if they wanted tattoos on their face or some limbs removed. What if these children don't feel like going to school, you know they feel like they do not need an education. Are we to affirm that? 
 Now I'm one that is all for parents having control over their children. Yes, parents should have the right to spank their children, to tell them what clothes they will wear, where they can go, and with whom they can go. I am not for child abuse and that is what this is. Children are often confused about everything. We call that gaining experience. I quickly discovered that a blanket and a parachute are not the same thing. Like every other child in the world, I was curious. Like every other child in the world, I sought attention. But I had parents that channeled that curiosity, sometimes forcefully changing my course! As far as gaining attention I learned about that as well. I learned that attention is easy to get but not always what you expect! 
 I get it, it's cool to be a trans person or any other alternative lifestyle these days. I get it, you be woke. I get it, you are progressive parents allowing your children to freely express their feelings. I get it, it is far easier to just say yes than to say no. Yes, the kids will love you for that, today, maybe tomorrow not so much, but it's all about the moment. It's about what I think I want right now; it's how I feel. 
 I'm not certain how we got to this point. The fact is there are about one million transgender people in the United States. That's about .6% of the entire population. If you listen to the news, you would think the number to be much higher.
 Yes, there has always been those people that felt different somehow, that enjoyed dressing up as the opposite gender. Native peoples had them in their tribes and thought of them as special. Being special doesn't make it normal though, just different. It also doesn't make them wrong or harmful in any way to others. But it is important to realize that feeling that way, for life, is a rare thing indeed. Should we allow children to decide on that? I'm a small child and you are going to enable a life altering decision based on my feelings? I felt like I wanted to live in the forest like Robin Hood when I was a kid. My parents didn't give me a bow and arrow and drop me off in the forest! I also really felt like I should choose my own bedtime and meals. I felt like I should say when I needed a bath, or when to brush my teeth. My parents didn't affirm any of that! 
 I seriously question why any doctor, any professional of any type, would even prescribe or perform any such procedures. When that child reaches the age of majority they can decide. If the parents want to help with that, go for it. But to use your children to make some political or social statement is simply wrong! And I can't see that in any other way. It isn't for the child, it is for you! Let me leave you with this parental tip, from someone that is a parent and a grandparent, Just Say No.   

No comments:

Post a Comment