Friday, April 1, 2022

a simple truth

 Gender X. That's what you will now have the option to check on your passport. That's for those folks that are non-binary. In the future TSA will also not consider gender in their security checks. All that to make Transgender people visible, or something like that. That is one of the first things I heard on the news this morning. I'm aware that it is April first and my hope is that is all that is just a joke. Sadly, it is not. There are some that are serious about that.
 Now I'm not a computer wizard or anything close to that. I do know one thing for certain about computers though, they operate on a simple principle. The switch is either on or off. It's true, computers operate using a binary system. The reason for that is obvious enough, it's a binary planet. Up, down, left, right, bright, dark, hot and cold. All binary states. When we can not reach one of those points, something is broken. The goal is always not to have that switch neither on or off but to be in one position or the other. That's how the world works.
 Now I realize that some people may feel differently. I understand that but I'm talking about simple facts, not feelings. The fire doesn't care how you feel, you will still get burned. Thing is there are no such things as non-binary human beings. You are definitely one or the other. The chromosomes don't lie! I'm no biologist but I know that much! True I have to rely on actual scientists for that information and trust their findings but I can usually tell by physical clues anyway, without testing. 
 I don't understand what the problem with admitting to your gender is all about. Hey, it is what it is. As the woke folks like to say, it is what you were assigned at birth. You don't get to change the assignment. As far as clothing and names go aren't they simply subjective things? I mean, depending on the culture they will change independently of gender. The clothing and names may be different but the gender remains the same, it's one or the other, male or female. 
 What are the best methods in determining identity of an individual? They are biological methods. Retina scans are excellent, they can't be altered. DNA is being used to solve all sorts of mysteries because the DNA doesn't lie and can not be altered. Your DNA will reveal your gender. You can't change that assignment! In very rare instances a person may have an extra x or y chromosome but it doesn't change the assignment. So why should we now allow you to identify yourself in accordance with your personal preference instead of the science? If we are going to do that then I can identify as anything I want, at any time I want. I can change the "assignment" at any time to suit my particular wants. It's what makes me feel good! And what's more, you have to acknowledge and support that decision without question. I don't care what the scientific community says, don't trust the science, I am whatever I say I am. 
 Are all the assignments just random? Are we all just victims of circumstance? Is it possible to receive the wrong assignment? Biological mistakes? It is possible to produce a child of the sex of your choice. Yes, the technology exists for that process although many professionals are opposed to that on ethical grounds. It is only one step away from genetically engineering humans for height, strength, color of hair or eyes, possible intelligence, all that sort of thing. Should we trust the science to be fair and equitable when it comes to that? I don't think so. No, I believe we just have to live with what we are, with the assignment given. You may want to wear a disguise, attempt to hide or deny, but the assignment remains the same. It's a test you can't cheat. There really is only one correct answer. Male or Female? Trust the science. Everything is binary! Even three dimensions is binary. Either it is 3D or it isn't. Sometimes you can be fooled, an optical illusion, but the truth remains. Like Wiley Coyote running into the tunnel drawn on the wall, the truth just smacks you in the face. 


   
      

1 comment: