Thursday, March 31, 2022

what it means

 Not much to say this morning. I've left my thoughts and comments on current events and am apparently in the minority with the Rock/Smith thing. Guess I'm a dinosaur and a bit too masculine for some. That's okay. The Russians are invading Ukraine and there is much discussion about all of that. The President is calling for Putin to be removed from office, but not officially, those were only his personal feelings. A large container ship is stuck in the Chesapeake Bay, the captain having gone off course and ran it aground. Been working on getting it lose for over a week now. I hear the next thing they are going to try is removing some cargo, sounds like a plan. And Hunter Bidens' laptop has resurfaced, sorta, and is being debated. But that is politically motivated, that's the defense on that one. Which brings me to the whole Clarence Thomas thing. Apparently his wife sent some e-mails or tweets urging the Republicans to overturn the election results. For that, he should be impeached and recuse himself from any Supreme Court rulings regarding elections. The question there, and one I posted to social media is, is a spouse responsible for what the other spouse says or does? Is he responsible for what she did? I don't know about others, but my wife and I don't always agree on things. And that is between us, not between me and my employer. Are you responsible what your family members do? 
 In other legislation it is now a Federal Crime to lynch someone. That bit of legislation is being touted as long overdue, a milestone in justice, a triumph! Strange though, the first statute making murder a federal crime was written in 1790, although it doesn't mention lynching specifically. Personally I don't think the method employed to murder someone matters all that much, the person is still killed. Well, that's my summary anyway.
 The only other thing on my mind this morning is a television commercial. Yes, I do listen to them. Popeyes has a new one out. It begins by asking a question. How good does a chicken place have to be, to almost be number one in shrimp? I've listened to that several times to be certain. Yup, that's what they ask alright. So the pitch is, we are almost number one, which implies, they are number two. My question to them is, why would I go to Popeyes to get the second best shrimp? I would like to meet the advertising man that sold that one to them. How did that conversation go? Trust me, people will flock to your place to get the second best shrimp! Love that Chicken from Popeyes, the shrimp is second best.
 I'm being told to keep a weather eye out today, storms headed our way. I'm just glad it is a bit warmer, the last few days have been chilly, to say the least. It's time to start cutting the grass and cleaning up the yard from the winter. And I'll finish up this morning by plagiarizing a true icon of reporting, And that's the way it is. What he didn't say was, it is up you to figure out what it all means.         

No comments:

Post a Comment