Thursday, March 24, 2022

movin' on

 Ever get the feeling it's time to pack up? What I mean is, time to downsize, get rid of some stuff and just generally get ready to move. But not because you have any plans to do so, it's not an anticipation, just a feeling. We all know there comes a time when the party is over, but we don't want to leave. The feeling being something might happen to change everything. You wouldn't want to miss that. Well, that's how I feel this morning. Time to pack up, be ready, not get ready. That's a subtle difference but a difference, nonetheless. One requires action in anticipation of an event and the other requires action in case there is an event. Circumstance and fate. That's the difference, I think. 
 Do you believe in fate? I do not. I believe your destiny is predetermined but not your fate. Fate is the result of the choices you make, coupled with circumstance. We all have a measure of control over all of that. Thing is knowing your destiny. I'm not certain you can know that at all. You can certainly make the choices, put yourself in situations and create circumstances, but I don't believe you can change your destiny. I wonder though, does destiny exert an influence on your choices? Does destiny create circumstance as well? When we get these feelings, intuition or whatever you want to call it, is that destiny nudging us forward? 
 This morning I do feel like I need to get ready. Ready for something. The feeling will pass as it always does. I think that maybe that is what all this talk about mental health is all about, dwelling too long on a feeling. You have to let those feelings go is my advice. Feelings are a call to action. Determining what action should be taken is the challenge, not the feeling itself. I was always told, either *hit or get off the pot. Sound advice I believe, and advice I've tried to adhere too. A rolling stone gathers no moss and all that. 
 You know I don't feel like the party is over, but it is definitely winding down. You may call it maturing, but some things just ain't as much fun as they used to be. I'm getting tired. Of course, I may catch a second wind at any time and maybe that is what I have to be ready for. Whatever the case, time to move on from here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment