Wednesday, April 6, 2022

fiction as fact

  Interesting, isn't it? We are now having discussions about not only the gender of fictional characters, but their sexual preferences as well. My response to all of that is, they are fictional characters. What part of fiction do these people not understand? As a child I watched my superheroes, Superman, Batman, and the like. Never once did they stop to go to the bathroom. I never gave that a thought. They wore their underwear on the outside of their costumes, and I never questioned that. And never did I think about what their sex lives were. To be honest about it, I never thought about them having sex in the first place. But today all of that is being discussed and promoted. They are starting with this stuff in kindergarten! When I was in kindergarten I was eating that white paste and listening to Dick and Jane stories. Dick and Jane were friends and played together. I don't recall their ever being a discussion about their sexuality. No, they were just a boy and a girl and sometimes they played with the dog, Spot. Was Dick queer? Was Jane a lesbian? Were either of them non-binary? I don't know, I still don't know, and I don't care because, they are fictional characters. Their purpose was to entertain me. Now I could imagine them being or doing anything I wanted, that was up to me, the stories were only guidelines. I was expected to listen/read the stories and learn the lessons from those stories. They always had a moral lesson. Their race, ethnicity and sexual preferences do not enter into that lesson, they are the same lesson regardless of any of that! And that is the lesson! 
 I got to thinking about that listening to the news. They were discussing Hunter Bidens' investigation and in particular an e-mail. In this now infamous e-mail the "big" man is mentioned. H will hold 10% for the big man. Now everyone knows it is Joe Biden that is being referenced. Of course, that has to be proven in a court of law, beyond a responsible doubt. That's going to be a difficult task unless a confession is forthcoming. So, I thought, the big man! Isn't that Santa Claus? I'm thinking as long as we are now assigning sexual preferences and gender identity to fictional characters, having serious debates about all of that, defining the "big" guy shouldn't be an issue. Fact or fiction it makes little difference anymore. We have now decided we can define what you fantasize about, even when you are not a real person, we can just assign all of that. The "big" guy? Joe Biden or Santa Claus it makes no difference in a court of law, because there is no fiction anymore. When we defend the notion that you can simply choose your gender identity how can you not say that? Bruce Jenner is now a woman named Kaitlin and our health secretary is a guy calling himself Rachel. Yes that's fiction as fact and supported by the government. Indeed it is being codified as reality! But don't forget, fact isn't fiction unless it is proven to be fact. The 'Big" man is Santa Claus or anyone else we choose him to be. The idea that the "Big" man is Joe Biden? Just an assumption, not an assignment. That's the difference.    

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm...eating white paste? Maybe THAT's what affected the thinking of today's world...!

    ReplyDelete