Thursday, April 21, 2022

Like it is

  I'm a little late getting started this morning. I did glance up at the news and saw this scene. Some politician is addressing an audience. There are at least six people standing behind him as he gives this speech. Neither he nor the ones standing behind him are wearing masks. That's fine, but the person doing the sign language beside him is wearing a mask! My immediate thought is, the only one not talking is the one wearing the mask. Then I thought, shouldn't she be wearing gloves. Oh, I just can't stand it, the foolishness of the whole situation. But, we're following the guidelines.
 I don't know it seems to get more ridiculous every day. A judge ruled that we no longer have to wear the mask. Where was this judge the last two years? Now I'm in the camp of wear a mask if that is what makes you feel good, I'll try my best not to snicker at you. This decision has triggered some of those liberal folks though, no doubt about that. The same people that believed it would take just a few weeks to "flatten the curve" are now upset, two years later that we aren't wearing a mask. The curve isn't flat enough! They want a flat line. That will never happen, the virus is here to stay people, in all its' mutations. That's how virus's roll. A vaccine, twelve boosters and numerous tests will not kill it. Might kill you though. You are far more likely to die from heart disease, cancer, diabetes or killing yourself however. That's a simple fact. Haven't flattened the curve on any of those either. As far as small children go, they are more likely to drown in a swimming pool than from covid-19. Although that is 100% preventable. Go figure.
 Well I'm happy the weather is going to be considerably warmer today, thanks to global warming. I sure am glad it warms up in the spring, let's me know everything is alright, I'd sure get nervous if it didn't. I see upstate New York has a snow delay for their spring. Yeah, it happens. The weather I mean. We do our best to predict that stuff but the bottom line is, it's still a guess. We do good with five days, about 90% accurate but after ten days you might as well toss a coin. We are right about half the time. Interesting to note that flipping a penny isn't really 50/50 though. More like 51/49. The heads side has an advantage.
 And now there is the big discussion about preferred pronouns. The issue centers around trans and non-binary people. Well the thing is this, first, you are one or the other, there is no third or fourth choice. Fact is, you don't get to choose, that is "assigned" at birth. People are losing their jobs, filing lawsuits about the use of pronouns! What does common core have to say about pronouns? "A third person pronoun in which a person chooses to be referred to indicate their gender identity." That is what Google provides as an explanation. So basically when a he wants to be called a she, or she a he, or something else? There was an expert on television explaining that teenagers that are not called by their preferred pronouns are 50% more likely to commit suicide. The only solution being, go along with their delusions, support them in believing they are something other than what they actually are. That's for the sake of their mental health! In short, the doctors advice, humor them. Their preference should take precedence over reality. No longer do we say sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me. No, now words will make me kill myself if you don't say what I want to hear. Guess that's progress. As for me. I'll just tell it like it is, learned that from Walter who told us "the way it was" every day. 

1 comment:

  1. IF ONLY THE DEAD COULD SPEAK, THEY'D TELL YOU.... IT ONLY MAKES GOOD SENSE TO USE THE MASK TO PROTECT YOURSELF AND OTHERS. BUT YOU WOULDN'T LISTEN....IT'S ALWAYS GOT TO BE YOUR WAY...

    ReplyDelete