Monday, March 9, 2020

forget about it

There are times when I think these blogs are coming to an end. This morning is one of them. Doesn't seem like much use to just write for the sake of writing. It's true that I have covered just about every topic I can imagine, some more than once. I don't believe I have established a theme to this blogging of mine. If I have it is lost on me. As far as memories go, I've discovered I don't have near as many as I thought. Guess that means I have forgotten. It's a scary thought that I might lose my memory. I'm reminded of that by the television ads every day. Prevergen is supposed to help with that. Alzheimer's is a frequent topic in those ads. They show people that are suffering from that disease, how confused and hopeless they appear. I can't help but wonder, if you have forgotten, how can you miss anything? Yet the ads always talk about how sad those folks must be, how frustrated. My hope is that they really have forgotten and really don't know what has happened to them. My hope is the sadness is borne only by those that knew and love them.
 I don't think I'm forgetting anything, that's not what I mean. I just mean I don't have as many memories that I feel would be of interest to others as I thought I might have. Memories are meant to be shared. The problem lies in finding someone that shares the memory! It's one of those little ironies in life. If I begin to share a memory of something that happened to me but you weren't there and you have no frame of reference that memory becomes a story. In order for you to enjoy it I have to tell it as a story. That means I have to establish, character and plot. By the time I am able to do that, interest is lost. The trick is to capture that attention quickly. That's why gossip travels so quickly, it gets your attention from the first line. I've been told that there are times my blogs are too long, too boring to read. I can understand that and accept that. After all my blogging isn't a course of study but are intended as entertainment.
 Now as far as random thoughts go, I have a lot of those. Some have called it scatterbrained but I don't think so. I think of it more as thoughts looking for a home. These thoughts just pop up out of nowhere and I write them down. I have discovered if you say what others are thinking that often leads to conflict. I'm often amused by that. I read what others have to say and am left wondering just who they are trying to convince. It appears to me they are trying to convince themselves. Of course you have others, those that constantly change their views to avoid any of that. No need to convince anyone of anything if you don't believe it yourself. Well the fact is truth is what we believe it to be, regardless of what others say. That explains the surprise we all feel when we discover we are wrong! We decide the truth isn't what we thought it was. It's the difference between conviction and confusion. Every day I grow more convinced that I am confused! Thing is I'm confused by what others are saying. How can so many be so wrong? Well guess it all depends upon what you believe. I believe I'll have another cup of coffee and solve the worlds' problems another day. After all, as Scarlett pointed out, tomorrow is another day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment