Monday, June 25, 2018

the next deal

 Although it is on my mind I grow weary of writing about the current atmosphere in the country. The morning news is just full of divisive and anger inducing stories. And that is a part of it, they are reporting stories! The news has turned more into an opinion factory than a reporting of events. Propaganda at its' finest goes unrecognized as such. I am not being fooled by any of this. I am also not placing the blame on any one political party, although it can't be denied that it has reached new heights since the election of President Trump. I anxiously await the pendulum swinging the other way. I'm certain that it will. It is very difficult for me to stick my head in the sand and ignore all of this but I'm thinking I will try for a while. It is for self preservation of my sanity! Yes, this stuff is making me crazy!
 The one thing that irritates me the greatest is this attitude that I will show you what a good person I am no matter the cost; to you! That's right, I will show you just how much compassion and unbounded empathy I have even if it destroys the nation! Criminals, thugs, never do wells, leeches and mental defects will be afforded every opportunity and extended every charity. I will support these folks with every ounce of my being and every penny of YOUR money! This whole idea of " you are a human and therefore have a right to do whatever you like " regardless of what the society or indeed a nation deems acceptable is ludicrous. We have rules in society! Government is concerned with law! You don't get to do and act anyway you like, whenever you like and to whomever you like. There are consequences to the choices you make! There are consequences to the choices each of us make!
 I would say I have always been more of an observer than a doer. Take that anyway you like but I feel it is an accurate statement. I have been criticized for such, being told well then do something about it. I understand the sentiment but I also feel someone has to be paying attention. You know a general doesn't fight the war, he directs the battle. I think of myself as a forward observer reporting what I see to those in a position to act. If, at any time I feel like I can actually do something other than create a disturbance I will do that. Activists stir up the crowd and motivate others to act. I'm not much of an activist, I'm more of an advisor. Funny thing about that is advisors seldom receive any credit for their advice. Like a coach on a sports team, if the team wins, it was a team effort, if they lose, fire the coach! That's how it works out.
 I do have to say I don't like what I am seeing these days. The country is falling apart at the seams. No, that isn't correct, it is being ripped apart. A great number of people have been convinced to act contrary to their own best interests. What amazes me is their failure to recognize that. It is really the old I will cut my nose off to spite my face mentality. It is very reminiscent of childhood behaviors I have witnessed in the past and even participated in. Aware of the consequences but unwilling to acknowledge that! It's a frustration. Now I understand exactly what Grandpa was talking about all those years ago. Life isn't fair, you just have to play the hand you are dealt. I have been watching the cards. The cards are being shuffled once again, I'm waiting on the next deal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment