Tuesday, June 5, 2018

the grass is growing

 Six in the morning and I feel like I'm running late. Is this what getting old is supposed to feel like? Being retired I thought you got to take your time, slow down, enjoy life, that whole scenario. Not me though, I feel like I have to get going. Funny thing is, I'm not even certain why the hurry. Cutting the grass is on today's to do list, a chore I'm not in a hurry to do. Still I am aware that the grass isn't waiting on me, it keeps on growin'. Time and grass wait for no man! Well, I'll get to it today for sure along with setting out the trash for tomorrow morning. The issues of the elderly. Worry about Drs. appts, having enough toilet paper in the house and remembering to take your medications. And now, the whole time I'm attempting to compose this blog I feel pressured for time. Not sure why that is, I don't have a deadline for publication. This is causing stress! LOL,  isn't that silly. 
 I don't have much in the way of pressing issues on my mind. Jack the baker won his case in the supreme court. Good for him and a step in the direction of normalcy as far as I'm concerned. That it needed to go to the supreme court at all says a lot about the state of America. Do we really require legislation to say an artist can't be forced to create art? That is the heart of the matter and what was litigated. All the rest of it was just fluff and stuff! How can anyone else know the beliefs of another? I really can't judge your sincerity, can I? When you do something to expose your hypocrisy I may be justified in pointing that out. Jack hasn't baked any cakes for any Gay marriages so you have to believe him. Enough of that, case closed as far as I'm concerned. 
 I have heard that some NFL players are saying they won't play if they can't kneel. Well that's their choice I suppose. I really couldn't care less. They are athletes paid to entertain me and make money for the team owners. I can survive without their entertainment. I can be just as amused by a video, movie, or reading a good book. There are many options for entertainment other than those guys. Hey, NFL guys, you aren't that darn important, get over yourself. Play by the rules or don't play at all! That is the logo I would post in the locker room! I chuckle because I remember when those actors said they were going to boycott, they would leave the country. Ha, haven't seen anyone even pack a bag! The reason is the same, they are just a source of entertainment. 
 I feel more relaxed now having written something. Somehow I feel like an obligation has been fulfilled. I hope I have entertained someone. Thing is, I'll keep writing because I'm entertaining myself. I think if I threatened to boycott it would mean as much to others as those football players means to me. I do think you need to feel an obligation to yourself before you can feel an obligation to others. As Grandma would say to me," God helps those who help themselves." It means to have self-initiative. Get'er done is another way of saying that. Neither of those phrases are in the Bible. I feel like I have caught up just a bit now and so it's time to move on to the next thing. That grass is growing!     
  

No comments:

Post a Comment