Friday, June 15, 2018

planning ahead

 We are half way through the year 2018. Alright this is day 164 so technically not half,  but in my mind it is. June being the sixth month and we are halfway through June, sooo. The official start of summer is six days away. It really is true the older you get the faster times seems to pass by. I wonder if that means I'm slowing down? That does seem to be the more likely event. But why should that be? I've still got a lot going on, sorta. Is it that I am now in control of my time that causes this to happen? Nah, that can't be because if I were in control of time I'd be in reverse right now,  and I ain't getting any younger! I was talking about time just yesterday and pointed out that man just doesn't understand it at all. I'm even more convinced of that as I look at my calendar this morning. Yesterday my grandkids were a freshman and a junior, today they are a sophomore and a senior! How did that happen so quickly?
 I'm beginning to believe that time isn't a linear event. Didn't Einstein theorize that light was the only constant? I'm not much of a physicist or mathematician but that is my understanding. E=MC2. Energy is equal to mass times the speed of light, squared. Time isn't mentioned in that equation. Time is subject to change, not a constant. If time does accelerate and decelerate that would explain a great deal. We know from historical records that people just didn't live as long as we do today. At least that is the record as recorded by modern man. In Biblical times they lived a lot longer! Did time change or did people change? Maybe God made a slight adjustment to time after the flood or whenever. I'm not certain when the people in the Bible stopped living hundreds of years, it was always in the old testament I think. Yeah, so maybe there was an adjustment made. Maybe time isn't linear at all!
 Maybe our perceptions are the realities, and reality nothing more than perception. Now we are talking about philosophy. Anyone can be a philosopher. People do act more upon their perceptions than they do on reality. Lately this is being proven out with the liberals in our country. Not My President! Huh, yes he is, that's a reality not a perception. Whether or not he is doing a good job is a perception. We won't know about that until afterwards, that's another reality. See how that works? Trump has actually been the President for 153 days. Does that seem like a long time? Depends upon your perception doesn't it? Is that why time seems to speed up as we age? Is it because we perceive we have more time behind us than ahead? Time is running out. But it is only time as we perceive it to be. That's where eternal life enters the equation. Believe in that and time never ends. Or, at the very least it slows down a whole lot  and that's how we get to be 982 years old.
 I guess what I'm wondering about is am I over half way? I'll be 65 next month and judging by the data, I have to answer in the affirmative. And in answering with the affirmative I am forced to think of the firmament of heaven. Ever ask just what a firmament is? It's Latin for the sky or expanse. Especially when perceived as a tangible thing. Now do we go straight to the firmament like a bolt of light, all at once, or is it a slow ascension? That is where time enters that equation. As we age are we just picking up speed, preparing for the launch? Is that what we are perceiving with this increase in time? Well, I'm not going to think about that anymore, let's just slow the roll, as the kids say. I will enjoy today for the day. Think I will try to do that every day from now on. Sounds like a plan.      
  

No comments:

Post a Comment