Friday, June 8, 2018

That's the truth

 You know what I'm getting tired of hearing? I'm getting tired of hearing that I should allow, condone and in fact endorse unchristian acts and deeds because I'm a Christian! I shouldn't speak out against these acts or even say that I believe they are wrong because well, that's unchristian! Using that logic a Christian should do absolutely nothing! Well, forgiving isn't condoning, tolerance isn't acceptance and I wasn't instructed by my God to shut up, no, I was instructed to spread the word. That is what I was told! I was talking about that the other day and the example I used was the woman accused of adultery. You remember that Bible story don't you? She was brought before Jesus and the Pharisees asked Jesus to judge her. He said let he who is without sin cast the first stone. The bottom line to me was when he said to her, " go and sin no more! " He didn't tell her it's alright, he told her, don't do it again! She was forgiven but not encouraged to keep on doing it. Tolerance was practiced but Jesus certainly didn't think that behavior was acceptable! That's my point.
 It's the same logic I hear from those that say I fought for my country so you can disrespect it! Some seem to think that is what I fought for! I didn't! It is true that I, and many others defended the Constitution of the United States and all that it represents. No where in my constitution does it give you a right to disrespect that! Yes, you are free to speak, free to assemble, and free to pursue your dreams but all that comes at a cost. If you don't want to fight, or are unwilling to fight, or are just plain afraid to fight, you are still entitled to those rights. You are not entitled to disrespect those same rights or the ones that fought for them! No, your payment for that is in respecting the rights of others. Seems little enough to ask. A few moments of your time to stand respectfully in silence. Even in time of war, on the battlefield, we respect the dead. We don't defile the bodies of our enemies! We respect them. We don't protest the war by disrespecting the warriors!
 Well that's my little rant for this morning. I'm not sure what prompted that exactly, it wasn't a single incident. I'm thinking it is a cumulative effect from all this liberal logic nonsense I read on Facebook. What those liberal folks need to listen to and understand is an Aaron Tippin song, you've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything. The logic there can't be denied. The proof is obvious because those liberals sure do fall for anything! Then they believe they are standing for something! They are standing for change! Christianity hasn't been around for over two thousand years because it was changed! The Constitution hasn't remained in effect for 229 years because we changed it! Those are the things we have to stand for!
 So, let the excuse making begin. Write or say all you want about the constitutional amendments. Tell me how the Pope has changed the churches' position on a number of things over the centuries. I am well aware of history. Man has changed, revised, rewritten, reinvented and reinterpreted everything depending upon the culture in which you were raised. Thing is every society forms a culture. If you change the culture, you change the society. I was born and raised in the American culture! I will stand for that! I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free, are the words in a Lee Greenwood song. With those words he is acknowledging an obligation. At least I know I'm free does imply that obligation. That obligation to defend the nation. Freedom isn't defined by the ability to disrespect others in that society, in that nation. Freedom is defined by the obligation to defend that nation, that ideal. If I don't have anything else, I have freedom! I am obligated to pay for that freedom in some fashion by personal sacrifice. If it isn't anything more than standing in silence that is what I will do! And yes, for me, I will tell you what I believe to be right and wrong. I won't hurt you in a physical sense, I won't deprive you of your freedom but I'll tell you that you are wrong! I won't associate with you, promote or condone your actions either! To those that say it is unchristian to not allow, endorse, or otherwise speak against sinful actions I can only say you are like Peter, he denied Christ three times. Every time you profess that you are denying God! I'm not saying you should harm others in any way, I'm saying you should speak the truth! If your truth isn't universal, it isn't the truth! Far too many don't understand that simple statement either.  

No comments:

Post a Comment