Friday, November 17, 2017

normal

 This is one of those rare mornings when I have little to say. I know, I'm surprised myself. Now I'm not saying I don't have a few opinions to share just that no one topic rises to the top. About a week ago I  was " unfriended " by someone. I'm still chuckling about that. Guess I touched a nerve. Well I can't bring myself to apologize for telling my truth. The comment that got me " unfriended " wasn't a direct personal attack on one person, but rather a generalized statement. Well, water under the bridge. Still it bugs me, nagging at my conscience. I'll keep examining that exchange.
 The big news is that Trump is killing the elephants ! Yes, that's what I hear. Because his sons are big game hunters he is now allowing all the elephants to be killed. Those elephants will be extinct by the end of his term ! Personally I think the story is being sensationalized just a bit. Well that's what the news people do these days. They seem to have all attended the Chicken Little school of Journalism. Every event, every decision, every accusation, is spelling disaster for the American way of life. We need the Democratic party to rescue us from ourselves. If only the election hadn't been influenced by the Russians and the electoral college hadn't done their job, Hillary would be president right now.
 Closer to home, in the city of Baltimore, an 18 year veteran detective was shot in the head and has passed away. A reward of 169,000 dollars is offered for information. That makes over 300 killed so far this year. It is those violent guns ! The mayor did show up on television saying she wasn't happy about any of that. Meanwhile, other officers are having administrative hearings because they did their jobs. The rioters were left unpunished, but the Police are under scrutiny. The government gave money to Baltimore to help in the rebuilding efforts. I think the newest plan is to try to " entitle " the thugs off the street.
 And then we have all this stuff about sexual misconduct. If it isn't movie stars , it's politicians. The accusations are flying fast and furious. One politician in particular is being vilified in the press and by Senators alike. They have gone so far as to indicate if he stays in the race and wins the election he will not be allowed to assume that office. Yes, think about that, our representatives are now threatening to decide who can assume office based on accusations alone. At the same time a currently serving Senator has pretty much admitted to sexual misconduct and no one is calling for his dismissal. Hypocrisy at its' finest ! And it doesn't matter what party or candidate is involved, that is not the point. Some are saying, well it wasn't that bad, he was just being funny. It was before he was elected so it doesn't count. So, you're saying because he did this five or six years ago it's alright ? But, if a woman accuses you of an offense from forty years ago, that's very bad, disqualifying even, no trial necessary !
 That's my random thoughts for this morning. Guess I'm getting old and starting to repeat myself. Fact is, I've been doing that for a while. I do believe there are things you can decide upon that never need to be changed. I understand that is a foreign concept to some. For some life is all about constant change. Really it is about what makes life easier for them, but they call it progress. Not everything can be improved, not everything needs to change. Take the wheel for instance. Round wheels are the best ones !
    

No comments:

Post a Comment