Thursday, November 2, 2017

contrite stupidity

 I turn on the morning news to hear a funny story. Well, it isn't funny really but I couldn't help but laugh. There was this 28 year old mother that was stopped and arrested. Her crime ? He had tied her nine year son to the roof of her minivan to hold down a plastic pool. Yes, that's right, the pool wouldn't fit inside so she had no choice. When questioned by the Police her response was , she didn't think it was a problem, her father used to do that to her all the time. She genuinely thought it was just fine ! Good thing her friends didn't jump off the proverbial bridge when she was a child ! When asked that age old question by her parents, " if Johnny did, would you have " her answer was always, yes. Now do you understand why I'm laughing ? Sometimes, stupid is funny. She is being charged with child endangerment. I wonder , is it her fault ? How do you prosecute stupid ?
 Another little piece in the news concerned an abduction. A woman had been abducted from a motel. Her hands were tied and she was put in the trunk of a car. The person stops at a convenience store for gas and snacks. The lady opens the trunk of the car, because you know all trunks have an inside latch these days, in fact that became a law in 2001. So she opens the trunk and runs into the store. She enters and the guy sees her. He runs out the door and drives off. The Police are looking for him. In this case the stupidity was a good thing. You would just think that people planning such heinous acts would be a bit more informed. I guess it was a spur of the moment type thing. I'm bored, guess I'll abduct someone. Oh man, should have gassed up first ! It had to be quite the scare for that lady, I can't imagine. I hope they catch the idiot before he hurts someone else.
 The morning news can certainly get you down. Every day it seems like someone is being shot, robbed or beaten. Crime and corruption are running rampant. For the second time a group of citizens in the city of Baltimore are calling for a cease fire. That's right, a cease fire. There has been over 300 shootings in the city this year. Back in August a 72 hour cease fire was called for and they almost made it. It ended with two being shot. Interesting is this time the hope is to just confine the " shooting " area. One organizer is going around spray painting a message saying " don't shoot " on walls that he says the gangs respect. They won't shoot in those areas. The city of Baltimore is considering offering a 2500 dollar tax credit to any Police officer that lives in the city. The reason ? There aren't many Police officers that live in the city because they know it is too dangerous. Good luck with your 2500 dollar bribe city council.
 I'm not even going to get started on the political landscape in the country. For this morning, for now, I'll just leave it be. The weather is suppose to take a turn and warm up again. I'll go out and about while the weather is pleasant. I'm not much on the cold anymore. The urge to migrate grows stronger every year. I'm thinking it has something to do with being born in New York state. There is a definite pull to the south. So for today anyway I'll chuckle at the sheer stupidity of some people. My father used to tie me to the roof of the car all the time. I didn't think it would be a problem. LOl Well, the truth probably is, what else can you say ? Yes officer I am that stupid ! That is the only defense, contrite stupidity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment