Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Judgemental ?

 It is come to the forefront of my thinking the last few days. You have that Ray Moore guy running for a senate seat. Some reporter from the Washington Post finds a woman that then accuses this Moore fella of inappropriate behavior from 39 years ago. All at once he is convicted in public opinion. To make matters worse several current politicians and even the current governor of Maryland is telling this guy to just step down. You can only assume they all believe him to be guilty. Now I'm not saying he is or isn't guilty, I have no idea. Yes, I am completely impartial. Only by listening to the news cast did I know anything of him at all. I hear he is a republican candidate. I also heard he had some issues in the past but not serious enough to disbar him, as he is still a Judge. What I don't understand is why the public condemnation of this particular person ! Are we not innocent until proven guilty ? It sure doesn't seem that way in this case. Sadly I am not surprised about that but I am surprised that current politicians and lawmakers are condemning him ! Hey, its' one thing for you or I sitting on a bar stool somewhere having a beer to say such, but having a sitting governor do that ? What message is then being sent ? He's guilty ? Well what other stuff has Governor Hogan and others decided upon without a fair trial or a impartial hearing ? Am I the only one that finds this disturbing ?
 Just what is on going here ? All I hear is don't judge. If you judge people you are just a prejudicial bigot or worse. We have to be all inclusive, tolerant, accepting and allow others to identify themselves in any way they wish. Well, unless you are accused of sexual assault from 39 years ago, then it is immediate condemnation. What evidence has been offered ? None, other than her own words. I understand others have joined in now, having regained the memory of the most traumatic event to have happened to them ! Interestingly I heard someone started a hash tag thing ten years ago in New York, #metoo.  Yes I can proudly wear a tee shirt and post to social media #metoo. so as not to miss out on the attention. In the quest for trophy's' it doesn't really matter what you get them for, just don't miss out ! All aboard the pity train, #metoo. I'm sorry that just doesn't lend much credence to these claims in my eyes.
 I am not saying it didn't happen. I am not saying these women are liars. I am not saying because it may have happened 40 years ago it doesn't count. What I am saying is what evidence is being presented ? Why are we automatically accepting the word of this person, and others ? Ask anyone in Jail and they will tell you they are innocent. Is it because the accusation involves a man and a minor female child ? If the charges are heinous enough we can skip the trial and go right to the punishment phase ? Is it because a woman would never lie about that ? If she uses #metoo, that is concrete proof.
I just don't get it. We have hundreds of people in prison for murder, rape, and any number of heinous crimes that we know, beyond a shadow of a doubt  they are guilty. Yet, we have hundreds, even thousands of people pleading for leniency on their behalf, the death penalty is cruel and unusual in many states, we advocate for their rehabilitation  and counseling. They should be given another chance. But, this woman regains a memory from 39 years ago, makes an accusation and the guy is guilty ! He should suspend his campaign for political office and resign in shame. Just how does that work ? What a sad commentary of the state of America.
 Looks like a great way to eliminate the competition to me. I'll just start accusing whoever or whatever. No facts are necessary. I'll just hashtag it ! The next person that says to me, don't be so judgmental, is going to get an earful ! That much is for sure. If you are angry about this you may hash tag it  #I'mwithben      
 

No comments:

Post a Comment