Saturday, July 23, 2016

seeking consolation

 Life takes its' twists and turns. This morning I find myself headed to upstate New York. My son, Ken, has suffered an apparent heart attack. He is resting comfortably in a hospital at Cooperstown, New York.  In just a few short minutes I will out the door and on the road. We will go to him and offer whatever comfort we can. That is what you do for your children, no matter their age. I am hoping to speak with the doctors when I get there, or at the very least a knowledgeable nurse. There is so little one can do in these situations. Prayer is the only consolation we can take in these stressful times. At forty one to have a heart attack is certainly an unexpected thing. I expect he is scared, I would be. And so, off we go to do whatever we can for him and for ourselves. I am thankful that he is being cared for and thankful that I have the means to go to him. The world can certainly close in on you in a hurry. Mine just got very small indeed. But there is a light at the end of each tunnel. You just have to keep moving forward toward that light. In the end, you will see the light of day once again and all is well. That is what belief is for after all. I believe he will be alright, I just need to go check for myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment