Monday, February 22, 2016

Standing by

 There are times when I am left just staring. I can't seem to find a point of focus. I believe this happens to all of us at times and is a natural thing. Maybe my brain just need to be rebooted. That works with my computer sometimes. Is it the operating system or the software ? That is the question in this situation as well. I don't really think anything is wrong with my operating system, the firmware is intact, so it may be I have gotten a virus from somewhere. This virus is causing a slowdown of the processor. I find myself opening a lot of files simultaneously. Old files that I have archived as well as new files. It is a frustrating experience.
 The frustration comes from not knowing how to get rid of this virus. The fact that I am infected or should I say, effected, is just one of those things that happen. I want to know what to do to eliminate it or at least make it go away for a while. In the computer world it would be a removal tool. What removal tool should I employ ? Years ago I may have tried beer. Beer certainly obscured some issues and aided in forgetting about the problem. The only trouble was it sometimes caused more damage.  There were times when I would just lash out at those around me. That never fixed a thing. The problem lies within me and the cure does as well. I have introduced this virus and I alone must remove it.
 All of this is really just a mood. Moods change given time. Patience is the cure. Patience is a virtue and a virtue that should be cultivated. But patience is a difficult thing. It is doubly so when coupled with anger. It is anger that I feel this morning but without an explanation of why. What is the cause of this anger ? I am only angry with myself, self induced by what ? I am left just staring. Whatever it is it will pass. I hope to learn the cause, so as to avoid it in the future, but the primary mission here is to just eliminate it. Failing that would indicate a problem in the operating system. I'm getting the message, do not turn off your computer, updates are being installed. Hey, it happens and it is necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment