Monday, February 8, 2016

Cycle of sports

 I stayed up to watch the big game and boy am I dragging this morning. We hosted a party and it was a wild time. Stayed up to near eleven. There was pizza, chicken wings, cheese and crackers, sausage balls , desert cups and Doritos. There was probably more, I'm telling you it was decadent. I'm paying the price now, gastronomically and with lack of sleep. The thing is, I'd do it all again. This " road to hell " is a superhighway ! I drank several cans of soda as well.
 I must say that Lady GaGa  did a wonderful job with the National Anthem. I knew that she could really sing as I have heard her do a duet with Tony Bennett. Her makeup choices seemed a little strange but all in all I would say she was very conservative. The choir doing America the Beautiful didn't impress me much with that arrangement. But, in all fairness, I do prefer they stick to the tradition renditions, the way it was composed. And , as usual, more folks had their hands over their hearts for that song than they did the National Anthem. That is something that always sticks in my craw ! The Star Spangled Banner is the National Anthem ! To honor that we place our right hand over our left breast and stand at attention. If you are in the military you stand at attention, face the flag and hold your salute for the duration of the anthem. Get it right people ! Don't they teach that in school anymore ? It is citizenship 101 !
 Then we have the half time show. Cold Play ? Heard of them but no idea what songs they sing. I noticed the lead singer seemed to be fascinated with squatting down while he sang. At one point he even encourages the crowd to squat down ! Guess he's ducking for some reason. Beyoncé shows up, wearing what seems to be the only outfit she owns. At least that is all I've ever seen her in. Reminds me a " Bunny " outfit, sans tail and ears. When she got close to Bruno Mars she dwarfed him. Apparently Bruno is a bit of a misnomer for him, but who am I to judge ? The half time show wasn't my cup of tea but it is all about the money. I think they wasted it this time.
 Oh, yeah, they played football as well. The game gets kinda lost in all the hoopla. The Broncos win. Peyton Manning gets his 200th win and second Super bowl ring ! Were you surprised ?After the game he was plugging for Budweiser beer and PaPa johns pizza, Cam Newton will be back next year. I don't really care one way of the other. They were showing off some of the new technology they use to officiate and control the game. I just wonder how much longer they are going to allow the players to actually tackle one another. At least one player was in the locker room having failed the concussion protocol. Will Super Bowl 100 be flag football ? Don't think I'll be around for that game, I'll be sleeping. Well, the boys of spring will soon arrive. The cycle of sports will continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment