Wednesday, January 25, 2023

accepting peace

 A part of what is my normal are these morning compositions, the sharing of my thoughts. But my world isn't normal this morning and so I'm confused and distracted. Uncertain how to react, I'm moving forward with caution. Yes, a new normal will be established and life continue on as it has always done. This isn't the first time my world has been shaken. Thankfully it isn't a familiar feeling. It is the acceptance of a finality, however. That is perhaps the most difficult reality of all, it is finished. There can be no revisions, no changes. It is what was and will always be so.
 I believe that is what strikes at our souls so deeply. Man thrives on hope and on belief. The belief that there is always a tomorrow. When faced with the reality that tomorrow is missing any element of today, a void is created. A piece of the future is missing! That is what is so difficult to process, to understand. Tomorrow is incomplete. There is no replacing what is now gone.
 I'm sitting at this keyboard writing these thoughts because that is what is normal for me. I do so with reservations, concerned for what others may be feeling. I write my thoughts to allow them to be free. I can't just keep them to myself, that would breed doubt. I'm not saying I know all the answers, I'm saying my thoughts need to breathe freely. The challenge, if that is what you wish to call that, is in expressing these thoughts in some fashion for others to understand. Not necessarily to agree with them, but to understand. 
 Tomorrow will come. When your personal ritual of grief has been satisfied, the void filled with memories, normalcy returns. The past has found its' place and the future awaits. The future isn't what you believed it would be, not what you expected, but there it is. Surprisingly it is whole again, although you couldn't believe it would be so. You accept the finality of life. That is, until you are faced with that again. Peace is the ultimate finality. That is the final comfort, the final reward. Peace is eternal. Not an easy thing to accept.

No comments:

Post a Comment