Friday, December 23, 2022

almost ready

  A few final preparations to be made before the big man arrives. The weatherman on television is going ballistic with the approaching storm. It's their time to be in the spotlight. I always admire their enthusiasm. That's especially true when they get it right. Makes me think of professional athletes. A player gets paid millions of dollars to play a game. When they make the play, catch the play or whatever, they celebrate, strut about and receive awards. They always seem surprised! I just wonder why, isn't that what you are getting paid to do? Weathermen are the same way. Both are successful in equal amounts. 
 I'm not concerned about the weather as I do not have to go out for anything. I have my supplies. My only concern is losing electrical service. Now that would be a problem because my apartment is all electric. Ah, but fortunately I have gasoline powered car that I could sit in to stay warm, have a full tank of gas so I'm good. Yes, I know you have to be careful about carbon monoxide, I'll take my carbon monoxide detector from the house, its battery powered. In my area snow isn't supposed to be an issue just rain followed by extreme cold, so icing. Well, it is what it is going to be. I feel safe enough, the weatherman has given me fair warning, when it is freezing outside you can get cold, maybe even frostbite, if you don't bundle up. I'm grateful for that information, I wouldn't have thought of that.
 The plan today is to finish up a little baking, last minute treats. My wife does the lion's share of that, but I do help. I'm in charge of the mixer. After the baking is done, I have a few more gifts to wrap. Always seems like there is just one more thing. I am somewhat of an impulse buyer. Well, I am with lower priced items anyway. I'm thinking if I were a very wealthy person, I'd be buying all kinds of stuff that I really don't need but that is cool. Yeah, I'd have a lot of junk. I once worked for a man that was addicted to the "as seen on tv" products. He had them all from Ronco and K-Tel, remember them? Impulsive? I'd say he was. Gadgets and gizmos. 
 So, it's time to get up from here and get going. Christmas day is in one day 17 hours and 12 minutes as I type this. The wind is really howling out there, but it isn't cold yet. Still time to make a run to the store for whatever it is I have forgotten. I'm certain there will be something. Be safe out there all. The weatherman is getting a bit frantic! It's going to be cold! No global warming in sight. I'm sure Trump had something to do with this. If you have an electric vehicle, be advised that the charge will not hold nearly as long in extreme cold weather. It can be reduced by as much as 41%. Plan accordingly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment