Tuesday, November 30, 2021

where it is

  It has been said that a messy desk is the sign of genius. Well then, I must be a genius. A few years back I purchased a desk, to get organized. Oh I've had a few small desks, more aptly described as tables. but my new one was to be better. I have to say it is a bit more formal a desk than any other I've ever owned. Designed with a computer in mind there is a storage area for the computer tower, yes, I still use a desktop computer, book shelves and a file drawer. And, it's a mess, it's almost always a mess. Papers, cat treats, headphones, a printer, and the shelves overflowing. I looked at it this morning and that quote came to mind. I even googled that for reassurance. Mark Twain, Einstein, Steve Jobs, and others all had messy desks. I read were Einsteins' desk has been left just as he left it, a big mess. A shrine to a genius! I'm certain my desk, my papers, my clutter, will be disposed of posthaste! 
 I live in a rather small apartment and my desk is in the multi-media room. That's what I'm calling it as it contains the television and my computer, along with our cell phones, Alexa is in the kitchen. Well, it's not really Alexa as it is the Google product but I don't know the name for it. It's just Hey Google. My desk is located in the Northwest corner and dominates the room. It is my little corner of America, the place I call home. It is an amazing thing really, how far I can reach from this desk. A global reach actually. It isn't lost on me that I was raised on the edge of Northwest woods. Northwest seems to be a theme in my life. Hitchcock made a film with that title in 1959, I was six. All I know about that film is that the main character was in trouble of some sort, but it was a case of mistaken identity. I'm still trying to figure out who I am, so there is a parallel. Apparently I'm a genius, at least my desk shows that. I don't think the wife agrees though. 
 I have always thought of having a study in my home. Beaver Cleavers' dad had one and so did Steve Douglas. Steve Douglas, you may recall, was the father on My Three Sons. I've always thought of a study as a sort of throne room, I guess. An inner sanctuary for the boss! Yeah it's a power complex but still would be neat, one day, after I win the lottery. I'm thinking if I could afford all that I could afford a house keeper as well, to keep my study neat and tidy. Well, except for the desk, you shouldn't ever touch anything on my desk! I also want a fully equipped workshop, like those Bob Villa had on television. That shop would cost a few million to equip. I may one day get a "study" but a fully equipped workshop is the thing of dreams. 
 But back to this messy desk situation. I'm thinking today I may sort through some of this stuff. I did clean out the drawers a little while back. Had to put a bunch of stuff into another container and put that in the closet. Well, it's all good stuff, just not being used at the moment. I had better keep it close by though, you never know. Never can tell where my mind will wander next! That's the genius part that wanders around making new discoveries. Usually it goes north by northwest. Yeah, I know, that's left field. But whatever "it" is, it is out there. That's what they say isn't it? He's out in left field and the implication is, that's a bad thing. It isn't, that's where "it" is, whatever it is. And that, is the genius of it.     

No comments:

Post a Comment