Thursday, June 17, 2021

get over it

 Can what can't be seen, be cured? I'd say that only happens when the one afflicted says it does. And I'd say that is the vehicle being used ever so often today. An illusion is created to make us see what isn't there. Benefits can be derived from what we can't see. It's a neat little package isn't it? Yes, I think it is. Label me the eternal skeptic but I believe a lot of folks are being bamboozled! But I'm not supposed to question any of that because it is an "unseen" illness. An illness is never the fault of the one that is ill, but the responsibility of someone else to cure. Just because I can't see the illness doesn't mean it doesn't exist. That's the narrative and it is indisputable. It's the very reason I can't say, get over it! Well that is just lacking empathy isn't it? Yes, it is unfeeling, cruel and barbaric! A totally unacceptable response.
 Reality is the issue. That's the way I see it. Reality is too uncomfortable for many. The problem I see is a society that has begun to reinforce the avoidance of reality. Consider this notion of genders. More than two? No, there isn't. Regardless of any "feelings" you may have stark reality will show otherwise. There are many other examples, the renaming of things. Birthing person instead of mother? What the heck? A mother gives birth to her children so yeah, she is a birthing person, duh. And with few exceptions females always birth the young. Yeah, we are not sea horses! Oh and unicorns aren't real either. Another reality is we all get depressed at times, doesn't mean you are a manic depressive. Your neighbor may have more money, more property, and more friends than you do. Your neighbor may also belong to a different race. That's the reality of life. But you say, you can't see my fear, my anguish, my anxiety or my pain. I have to take your word for it, it's an unseen illness. And for that reason you are now an exception to the rule and therefore entitled to bring your emotional support Ostrich on the airplane! Yeah, that seems right.
 You can not modify reality to fit your personal fantasy. That appears to be the problem we are facing today. You can not live your life as an exception. Humans are subject to humanity, imagine that. Bad things happen to good people and good people sometimes do bad things. One action does not justify the other. You can not expect the world to react to your feelings! What I mean is, you should not insist that others accept your feelings as their reality. News flash, they are not! Perhaps all this is a result of the role playing that is so prevalent these days. Adults dressed up as super heroes, cartoon characters, comic book characters, having entire conventions center around that? Cosplay? Really. When I was a child we played roles alright. Cowboys, Indians, Army men, Daddies and Mommies. Real people is what we were emulating. Yes, they were somewhat fictionalized people/examples but they were role models. And we didn't take our teddy bears to high school or college with us insisting others believe that was just fine. Emotional support was achieved through intestinal fortitude, yes that,  and we prayed. Instead of surrendering to emotion we learned to apply logic to solve our problem. And that was up to us, not someone else. 
 But, you can't see that. I should just take your word for it. Believe the experts! There are experts for everything, seen and unseen. I can produce experts to counter the experts. Who is the popular expert today? We have people holding  Phd's insisting they know the answers to questions not yet asked, they are experts. The same experts that change their mind every few years on fundamental issues. What was abnormal behavior in the not too distant past is now fine? Just because a behavior is accepted doesn't make it right. And that is another reality many are attempting to avoid. But I understand, I can't see any of that, you are the exception to the rule and I should support you in that. Whenever I don't agree with you I am causing you anxiety! Yeah, it's my fault, I should correct that. The reality is, I won't. Get over it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment