Friday, February 23, 2018

when facts offend

 I can't help but notice a growing trend among a certain group of people. Maybe it has something to do with all that bottled water they're drinking, maybe it is tied to their belief in global warming or that murdering the unborn is a choice, I just don't know, but the truth is offensive to them. Even when you agree with their view or stance on something, when you present facts, they're offended. The latest case in point concerned the speed of a bullet. This individual had read an article, written by a doctor, saying how the speed of the projectile from the muzzle of an AR-15 did massive tissue damage. He hadn't seen such damage done by rounds fired from any other weapon. Agreeing with the doctor I did point out  that the AR-15 uses a .223 round. I went on to explain I was no ballistic expert but that round would have about the same velocity when fired from a sporting rifle. I even looked it up and discovered the muzzle velocity of an AR-15 shooting a .223 round was 3125 feet per second. Then I looked and found that the muzzle velocity of a Remington .223 sporting rifle was 3500 feet per second ! I could only surmise the good doctor had never seen anyone shot with one of those. Well, the person I was talking with was offended ! I was quoting actual facts and she was having none of it ! The Doctor said it was those rounds from an AR-15 that did that damage and no other rifle did that. She even declared what I was saying was a " fixed opinion " which took some time for me to understand. Then I deciphered that phrase : a " fixed opinion " is liberal speak for " facts that offend you. " It's similar to calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant. So , I then wished her a good evening and left that discussion.
 I have had several folks claim the AR-15 was designed for nothing more than killing people. They have gone on to say it is solely an offensive weapon, that is why it is called an assault rifle. When I point out a simple fact like, all guns are designed to kill, that was their intended purpose from day one. Oh, over the centuries we have made guns for sport, for pleasure and as toys, but the original purpose was to kill. And contrary to what many believe there were semi-automatic rifles long before the second amendment was written. Expensive and rare yes, but available nonetheless. More than one have responded with , that's your opinion. Yes I guess it is, a fixed opinion. I call that a fact. I also point out that an AR-15 or any rifle for that matter is excellent for defense as well. In fact, I'd say the Army issues me one of those to defend myself against the enemy wishing to shoot me first ! That's exactly why the second amendment was written as a matter of fact. I may need to defend myself against my enemies foreign and domestic. The well armed militia we are all so familiar with in that amendment is now called the Army and it is that militia I may have to defend myself against ! If the population is unarmed and defenseless tyranny gains a foothold. A fixed opinion ? No, it's just the facts of the matter. Very offensive to some.
 I could go on with all of this but to what point ? All that happens is my " fixed opinions " upsets a certain group of people. Then I remind myself these same folks are of the opinion there are three genders and tide pods are a challenge ! These same folks hold parades to celebrate their sexual preferences. They don't have any " fixed opinions " on anything. They are libel to change their mind about anything at any time. Why in just the last few weeks I have seen these same folks marching in the streets with vagina hats on holding signs saying, my body, my choice ! In my " fixed opinion " that baby they are carrying has its' own body and is being denied a choice. The same bunch appeared last week holding signs saying, " save the children. " See what I mean about changing their mind, that's why they don't have any " fixed opinions. " Even the mention of fact infuriates them. They sure get mad when I mention any of this.
 I even started my own group on Facebook a while back because some folks were so offended by this blog. Why it is just filled with my " fixed opinions " and was very upsetting. I included a disclaimer in the groups description in the hopes no one would accidently get offended. I only do that on purpose ! It is my " fixed opinion " that guns were designed to kill. It is also my " fixed opinion " they only kill when aimed and fired by a person. Are there exceptions ? Yes, there are but none of those exceptions have attacked any churches, schools or shopping malls.  

No comments:

Post a Comment