Sunday, January 3, 2016

Turning a page

Amazing how fast the situation changes isn't it ? At Christmas it was near seventy degrees and I was feeling fine. Now the temperature has dropped and I am sick. The weather was bound to change but I wasn't expecting a sickness. Well it is just a cold so it'll pass soon enough. Same with the weather. It is only 77 days till spring. Time rolls on. Christmas already seems like a long time ago. I have packed away all the trappings and trimmings. Next up is Valentines day, it is already in the stores.
 Not feeling very well I did not write a blog for yesterday. It is not very often that I skip that ritual. I am keenly aware when I do. It has become something of a habit. My blogs are more of a narrative of my thoughts than anything else. They don't have a theme or logical order just whatever I happen to be thinking about at the time. I wasn't thinking about much of anything yesterday. too busy feeling sorry for myself for being sick. That happens sometimes. This morning I have determined to just power through. I realize I have only a minor cold and there are those with far worse that struggle everyday. I can't say as I understand that, as I don't believe I can. I hope I never have to learn that either.
 My wife and I did receive, as a Christmas gift, a five day vacation to Williamsburg, Va. It will be a first for us. We have never taken a vacation without the kids. Before Maria entered our lives we had never gone on a vacation at all. Oh, we had done day trips to various attractions but not a real vacation. Even now when we go on a vacation it doesn't seem real, it is like a made for TV movie. This will be a totally new experience for us. We have been to Colonial Williamsburg in the past and will most likely visit that again. We are looking at other attractions within driving distance.  Perhaps a visit to Yorktown. The dates are marked on the calendar. Seems funny to me as I don't have anything else on the calendar, my calendar is not normally filled up in you know what I mean.  I leave for vacation in 132 days. I can't remember a time when I planned anything so far in advance. I don't know if I can stand the pressure ! This will be different that much is sure.
 I'm, on the mend, as the saying goes and things will soon be back to ho-hum. I like ho-hum. I haven't any plans for the day. I expect the kids will be over today as their Dad has to work and Mom is not feeling well. They will leave her to care for herself and head for grandma. Grandma has food. I'll find some things to do. The attic needs reorganized after rooting out the Christmas totes, we'll see about that. I'll just have to see how the days unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment