Saturday, June 13, 2015

Words of inspiration

 Having posted to this blog a total of one thousand seven hundred and seventeen times I sometimes wonder, have I ever said anything profound ? That is the goal of any writer I think, unless the goal is solely to entertain. I began writing these postings as an entertainment for myself. It was an indulgence with the hope that others would enjoy them. Of course I sought approval and acceptance. I still do. That is a normal thing and nothing to be ashamed of. I did think that these postings would serve as a record. A record of my thoughts and opinions. I still believe they may be of interest to future generations of Reicharts. It is in that interest that I wonder about the quality of my statements. Just what will those future Reicharts think ? Certainly some of the issues I expound upon will seem funny to them. That will be a function of history. The topics I wonder about however are the basic principles I often refer too.
 It appears to me that each generation allows more exceptions to the rules. Each generation is more liberal than the last. I only have three generations of first person accounts to measure this with but history provides insight as well. It is this first person account of history that I hope to be recording in these blogs. I am aware that this " first " person may not be in agreement with everyone else's opinion. It is my feeling that the " rules " don't really change, only circumstance. With each new circumstance the rule is either applied, or an exception made. Exceptions are often mislabeled as " forgiveness " or " enlightenment." It is these exceptions however that may lead us all astray. The real issue is , what is the common goal ? Just what is the purpose of mankind ? That elemental question that has never been answered and never will be, We ask ourselves that same question, what is our purpose here ?
 Does everything have a purpose is another question. The response has to be, yes. If the answer is no, what is the point ? Is there a point to life ? We certainly all feel a need to be of value and serve a valuable purpose. Even the hardest criminals value there own life, if not the lives of others. Indeed the taking of our own life is viewed as a sickness caused by mental illness. We must be here for a reason ! But I have wandered off the path I started on. I was wondering if anything I have written is profound in any way. Will anything I have written affect someone in the future as it applies to their life ? That is a high expectation, I know. Might as well reach for the stars. I have thought of compiling a " condensed " version of my writings. The problem there is in choosing which writings to include. I can not know what words may be of value to another. Words of inspiration often come from nowhere. They may arrive in the lyrics of a song or in an advertisement for a product, one never knows. From the mouth of babes, the saying goes. Words of truth and insight may arrive the same way. We may seek knowledge and not find it, or just stumble blindly upon it. If it is there at all I don't know where it may be hiding.
 Well these are some rather deep thoughts and I will set them aside for today. Today my granddaughter Morgan is having her dance recital and I must get ready. They have been preparing all year for this recital and the excitement is high. Before the day is over we will experience all the emotions, drama, anticipation, nerves, and frustration. But in the end it will culminate in joy ! There is a gray cloud however that can not be avoided. Mark, my grandson, will be playing his last soccer game for the Caroline County Youth Soccer Association today as well. I can't be in two places at once. Mark, in his magnanimous way told Grandma and I to go to the recital, that he understands. I applaud his maturity. I will be thinking about him. He enters high school next year and so is too old for the youth soccer league next season. Hoping to see him compete at the high school level. Another milepost looms large on the horizon as the youth league fades into the past. 

No comments:

Post a Comment