Sunday, June 21, 2015

The truth of the matter

 You know what I hate ? Being outside the inside jokes. But, it is more than that. I hate being on the outside altogether. It happens every once in a while. You are with friends, maybe even a relative or someone that you haven't been with in some time. Everything is going along just splendidly when another arrives. Now this other person has been with this friend or relative fairly recently, at least more recently than you have been. They start to laugh and joke about things that you have no clue about. What is worse, they start to converse with each other and exclude you altogether, like you weren't even there ! You are left, bewildered. What just happened here ? I'm not sure, but I know I don't like it. No sir, not one bit ! The conversation continues and I start to feel something more, something even worse;contempt. Yes, contempt, those strong feelings of disdain. That feeling that they are somehow inferior to you. I hate that feeling, yet I experience that feeling. What to do about it ?
 You know what else I hate ? I hate those that spend an inordinate amount of time time talking to their pets. Like they are going to answer ! The conversation stops as they address their dog or cat or whatever. Then everyone waits for a response which is not going to be forthcoming because you know, they are a dog ! Drives me crazy. It is especially annoying when the animal can't even perform a cute trick. What is the amusement ? Nothing that I can discern. Why do people do that ? Are they really that dense that they can't think of a single thing to say, so they ask the dog ? The dog isn't going to answer !! It is just such an uncomfortable feeling for me, but apparently, not for them. Am I missing something here ?
 Now I'm quite certain I do certain things, or say certain things that drive those around me crazy. That is what is called personality. Personality isn't something that we work at, it just is. Sometimes it is good and sometimes it is bad. We should be aware of " quirks " in our personality though. I try to be aware but am equally as certain I miss quite a bit. No one wants to hear the negative. Truth is negatives can be positives so who is to know ? It s a guessing game, There are however certain indicators that we can make ourselves aware of. The first one being a lack of response from those around you. Indifference. I hate that too ! If I am telling you something it is because I attach some importance to it. I expect some feedback. If I, or you state something and it meets with no response whatsoever: indifference, I should immediately become aware. There are those that don't and continue on. Don't do it.
 The second thing we should be aware of is listening. We need to listen to the response before responding again. This is the one I am most guilty of violating, failure to listen. I tend to go on explaining my thoughts and views without giving others the proper listening to that I should. My mind is made up before I speak. I shouldn't do that. The dismissal of others thoughts is a bad habit. I hate it when others do not listen to me.
 This blog is one of the few where I am showing my " dark " side. We all have them and try not to allow them to be exposed. They sneak out though when people are around us for any length of time. In the corners there are secrets. The things we really despise or just plain dislike. Others seem to like these things and so I try to refrain from comment, doesn't always work though. There are times when strong emotions are aroused. That is when the secrets pop out. Then the name calling begins, either directly or behind your back. I try not to listen. It isn't easy.
 The truth of the matter is simple. I'm right and everyone else needs to fall in line. Isn't that the way of it ? How can others do and say such simple minded or arrogant things ! I never do that. I am left wondering a great deal of the time. Just what are others thinking ? How can you arrive at such conclusions ? Just how did the world view get so distorted in their minds ? It is beyond my comprehension. Those are some of the secret thoughts I have, I bet you do too.
 I have thought I would like to be the personality that I am on Facebook. I know that I am not really that person and most of the time I only show the best side of me. The thing is we all tend to react in a manner expected of us in a social situation. It is only when we introduce alcohol or drugs into the mix that we may wander outside of the boundaries. Restraint is not exercised and bad things happen. Well that is pretty much the way things go I believe. This my collection of random thoughts for this Father's' day morning. Although my own Dad left this earth twenty five years ago he walks with me still. I can always share my secrets with him, truth is, he taught me a few of them himself.


No comments:

Post a Comment