Sunday, December 1, 2013

Away for Thanksgiving

Having not written a blog for an amazing four days I find myself hesitant to put finger to keyboard. Where to begin ? I went to my sons house in Oneonta New York for a real Hallmark holiday. It was a very nice holiday and I enjoyed the visit and the company. Not that I ever do much of the prep work, but this time I did none. I barely helped in the clean up. I just sat,watched and ate. Doesn't get much better than that.
I could have written and posted blogs but didn't feel the need to do so. They do have high speed internet in the Catskill mountains. I found they are fairly modern in their ways.
I must say I found the mountains beautiful. I'm not so sure I would want to try and drive around there when the roads are icy though. Looked a little nerve wracking to me, but I suppose you adjust. It did snow while I was there but not enough to bother the roads. Enough however that a light coat was over everything. Very pretty.
Now that I'm back home I need to readjust. Things have been very different for the last few days. It was great to have a change of scenery and of course to spend time with family. My granddaughter Shyann is growing like a weed and is a delight. I am hoping to see her again in the spring.They grow so fast !
Before I left I had written a blog called A Hallmark Holiday. Well I must say this was a Hallmark Holiday for sure. I am pleased to report it did not contain any of those elements I feared from the shows on the Hallmark channel. No big drama, no catastrophes, or any big secrets revealed. It was just what a holiday was meant to be. Time with family and friends. Good food and better conversation. It was indeed a Happy Thanksgiving and being able to see some of those blessings, is always a plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment