Wednesday, January 20, 2021

shut up

  As I checked my notifications on Facebook this morning I was met with an exclamation point and a warning. I was informed that my comment had violated community standards. My comment was classified as hate speech. Well, being the curious sort that I am I did have to read that comment to refresh my memory. What had I written? Turns out I wrote nothing more than the truth punctuated by a rhetorical question. The truth is hateful? Apparently in the Facebook community it has been deemed so. I did submit feedback saying I disagreed with their determination. I got a response saying how busy they are but was assured that decision would be reviewed. 
 Now I've said all of this before but feel it important for me to repeat it once again. Facebook is a privately owned company. I do not pay to use it. That being said I do agree that they have the right to censor whatever I choose to post. I don't feel it is a violation of my first amendment rights in any way. It's their social media platform, their property. I do not have to use it. I don't like it when they choose to censor me. That's especially true when I don't agree with their reasoning. That brings us back to that hateful comment I was accused of making. I had read where Joe Biden has selected a person who calls himself Rachel Levine to be asst. secretary of health. The headline was, of course, highlighting the fact that he was a transgender man. It was being suggested we should all celebrate that because, he would be the first openly transgender man to serve in the federal government. Apparently quite the accomplishment. It was on that topic I left my thoughts. The exact quote has been blocked, even from my own view, and so I'll try to reconstruct it as best as I remember. 
 That is a man. I pointed out that you could add or subtract body parts, wear different clothing or call yourself by a different name but your gender remains unchanged. I further asked if they believed in science. I explained that science would prove what I say to be the truth, a simple dna test would confim that. I asked, if a person thought they were a dog would you feel the same way? It's the same thing. Believing yourself to be something other than what you are, I believe, is psychotic. And that is was declared hate speech. In my view I said nothing hateful, I told the truth of the matter. That's what bothers me. I get it is their platform, their opinion, but when the truth is deemed hateful we have a problem. Belief is not fact! That person believes he is a woman, but he is not. He is a man pretending to be a woman. I fail to understand how that simple fact is hateful. And it is that fact alone that I was talking about, hence the rhetorical question. If I believe myself to be a mountain goat would it be hateful for you to tell me otherwise? 
 The thing is the censors decided it was hateful, assuming I hate this person or hated transgender people in general. Whereas I do believe they have a mental disorder I didn't say he shouldn't have that job or be harmed in any way, I just said, he is a male of the species. A basic scientifically verified fact. I do question why it is considered alright, perfectly fine, and indeed a cause for celebration, for an individual to pretend to be what they are not, depending upon which delusion they choose. As I said I could believe myself to be a superhero but that doesn't make me a superhero. In normal circles that would be considered delusional. But believing yourself to be a different gender than what you are, a biological assignment at the moment of conception, is alright? That is the issue I have comprehending. I would further state this. If you know you are a man but pretend to be a woman, and admit that by calling yourself a transgender, why is it offensive? I'm just telling you something you already know! So what you are saying is, telling the truth is offensive and hateful? 
 Well whatever the case is, I found it amusing. I'm not offended that they chose to delete, block or otherwise not allow my comment. In fact it just tells me they are afraid of the truth. When you are told to shut up that means they don't want to hear it. The reason is usually, it upsets their delusions. I get it, I felt that way when I was teased as a child, he can't hit the ball! I told them to shut up, even though I knew I really couldn't hit a curveball. Same thing in this case. It's a guy that thinks he wants to be a woman but knows he is a man. Shut up! LOl. If you are offended by your own beliefs, you really do haver a problem.

1 comment:

  1. Ben, I'd say it's your problem. So what if he calls himself something other than what you think he is. Gender has nothing to do with how a person can do their job. If they are good at it, so be it. Why be so negative about everyone and everything?

    ReplyDelete