Thursday, August 13, 2020

Kamala

 Prior to the recent political happening I hadn't heard much about Kamala Harris. I've learned a great deal about, her stated values, what she supports, and all that. I strongly disagree with everything she stands for. We are ideologically opposed. It has nothing to do with her gender or her race, it has everything to do with what she supports. I have made several comments and observations concerning her being chosen for the vice presidential spot. The fact that choice was based, in my opinion, heavily on the fact that she is a woman, and one " of color " doesn't sit very well with me. Let's not forget she couldn't gain support during the primaries. The reason for that? She is too radical even for the majority of Democrats, and that's saying something. She even called Joe Biden a racist, to his face, during those debates. And now supposedly, all is forgiven. The fact that she also stated she believed the women accusing Joe Biden of sexual misconduct and now agrees to be his running fact also tells me a great deal about her character. Now this " champion " of women and minorities has decided to join forces with a racist ( her words not mine ) and an abuser of women ( again her words ) for a chance to be vice president should signal everyone just where her true loyalties lie; with herself. Throw everyone else under the bus I'm getting on! Despicable woman. But it is what it is and we shall all see how it turns out in November.
 But I woke up this morning with that name on my mind, Kamala. I had heard there was some controversy about the correct pronunciation. Someone being called a racist for mispronouncing it, Tucker Carlson I believe? Whatever the case it has something to do with the proper inflection in the pronunciation. Tomato/Tomato I suppose. Whatever. I only have one other reference in regard to that name. Kamala was a professional wrestler back in the eighties. He was billed as the Ugandan giant. Of course he was really an african-american man from Mississippi. Coincidently his real name was James Harris. Could they be related? Now he pronounced the name Kamala the way Tucker said it and that's the way I say it too. Doesn't have a thing to do with race, has to do with language. I wasn't aware that Kamala was a non gender specific name. I thought it was a guys name, although you can never be sure of that. Well today you can't be sure of gender, sooo. But I was amused that we have now decided to argue about how to say a name. I always found Kamala to be an amusing character in the WWF organization. That was back in the day when everyone wasn't offended by any of that stuff. If they tried any of that today heads would be exploding and liberals taken to the emergency rooms! LOl. So now I have to try to remain focused on this new Kamala, although the other one comes to mind each time I hear the name. I'm further amused that there last names are the same. Figure the odds of that happening.
 In case you are not a fan of professional wrestling and never heard of Kamala, the Ugandan giant, here is a photo of him, in his ring attire.
                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment