Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Spring

 Spring arrives this afternoon and with it a change in routine. As the weather warms, a welccome bit of climate change, the focus will shift to out of doors. The daffodils have been up for a few days already, along with the spring onions. It won't be long before the grass cutting begins. That fist cut will be filled with the scent of those onions. But, before that I do have to service the mower. As it ages each year, I have to do just a little bit more to keep her going. I take it as a challenge! It's a fine machine and part of the family. Well, besides that it is my sons' mower, I don't have any grass of my own to mow I live in an apartment. Gets me out of the house.
 The wife and I decorate our deck every year. It's undergoing a bit of a renovation right now, weather being the hold up. As soon as they are done we will begin. Every year we purchase some hanging plants. ferns mostly and a few other varieties. I have a planter that goes on the handrail and I'm thinking this year I will fill it with impatient. I figure that way it will match my mood lately, impatient. I'm ready for the warmer weather. This past winter was cold but not with an abundance of snow. I don't recall shoveling anything this year. We have had plenty of rain though and more is on the way. The farmers will be happy anyway, at least for a while. Farmers seldom stay happy for long, it's too hot, it's too dry, it's too wet, it's always something! Well that's the way it goes every year. Speaking of farmers I have seen a few turning up the ground, I guess the corn will go in soon. I know little about farming. I always say if you relied on me to grow anything we would all starve to death! Or at the very least it would be meat and fish only.
 So welcome spring, a new beginning. Time to get out in the sun and replenish ourselves. I am somewhat solar powered, you can call me a hybrid! Coffee and sunshine get me going. There were days when alcohol was the fuel, but those days are long gone. Sweet tea works well. I am looking forward to cooking out a few times and maybe go fishing or crabbing. We'll see what the weather brings. Happy Spring everyone.     

No comments:

Post a Comment