Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Why

 The taking of a life. It has been on my mind since reading about what the Democrats have done. In case you haven't read or heard about that, they have voted, decided, that if a baby survives a botched abortion, it can then just be left to die. That's right, just discard that life as though it never existed at all. Turn your back and walk away. I'm struck with the callousness of it all. How can you allow that to happen, how can you cast your ballot with a yea! Surely you have no soul left.
 I have railed against Roe V Wade for years. I don't believe anyone, including the mother, has a right to kill. I have yet to reconcile that concept with the idea of choice. My body, my choice? All the possible scenarios are nothing more than rationalizations for killing that life. As though it is somehow justified when you didn't choose to get pregnant. I didn't choose this, so I can kill this! I grew more concerned as the terms and conditions were lowered and the availability of the " procedure " became readily available, indeed advertised as a service! And now this, killing even the born. Oh, I've heard the argument about it isn't a child until it is born. And now there are those saying, if I tried to kill the baby but it didn't die in the womb, I can just neglect that live birth until the baby dies. What's the reasoning there? I tried? What kind of sick mind comes up with this and what kind of sick mind votes in favor of such?
 You know there are days when I wake up and hope it is just a nightmare. Surely I can't be living in this Orwellian world. I can't think of a better term to describe this latest decision. If a person survives any sort of tragic accident, survives some dreaded disease, do we not exhaust all possibilities to save that life? If a person is in an accident, becomes a paraplegic, do we just leave them to die? We have already decided it is an acceptable choice to help them kill themselves, assisted suicide! Many people now feel that is a charitable act. You want to die, I'll help! I'm still in the mindset that I will help you want to live as best I can. I'm not going to say, alright, just take these pills I provided they'll kill you! Oh but it can only be done under certain defined conditions, yeah you mean like abortions. That is the way that began and look what we have today. Once you make an action a normal thing that's what it is. So now we are going to say it is normal to allow live births to just lie on the table and die. Soon we will start saying anytime a person wants to commit suicide, we are there to help! Isn't that what Planned Parenthood says? We are here to help!
 Well. I'm writing this and I realize I'm preaching to the choir. I believe most of the folks that read my writings are in agreement with me. That's why they read it. I'm not fooling myself in that regard. I do feel better for having recorded my thoughts and feelings. I know I'm not alone and it is my belief that one day my descendants will read this stuff. I want them to know I was on the right side of history. I want them to know that I wasn't fooled and I didn't surrender the Republic! I'm no saint that much is certain. But I will never condone the killing of babies under any conditions. I will never be convinced it is somehow noble and charitable to assist in taking a life. That's not assisting, that's being an accomplice! What I don't understand, what I just don't get, is someone uses a racial slur, utters the " N " word and a great cry and hue goes up. People are removed from their positions, people are tried in court, peoples careers have ended for that and yet, our representatives, yes they are all our representatives regardless of political affiliation once they assume office, vote YEA to killing babies. I don't see any great opposition, no great social outcry. Why? That's what I don't understand, Why?  Yeah, you have folks like me writing, expressing our disgust, and there are a great many of us. Why aren't our representatives doing more to stop this vile, evil legislation! Why aren't we protesting, marching in the streets? Why? Someone please tell me why?  

No comments:

Post a Comment