Monday, February 11, 2019

entertaining?

 I began watching the Grammy award show last evening, mostly because the wife wanted to. I had heard Dolly Parton was going to be there along with Diana Ross. That was two names that I knew well. The wife turned it on for the red carpet segment. I admit to getting a few good belly laughs at the costumes some arrived in. One looked like she was wearing pool noodles, don't know who that was. I couldn't help but think of the story of the emperors' new clothes. It was obvious to me that a great number of these celebrities have been taken! I understand that this is supposed to " haute couture. " I think that means expensive costume. That's what I saw them wearing anyway, costumes.
 I only stayed up long enough to watch the opening number. That was enough for me. I had no idea what they were singing or who was singing it. I have heard the name Ricky Martin before though. But then again I'm not up on any of this so called music they play today, it all sounds the same to me. I know, my father said the same thing. I make no apology for it, all this rap, is crap! That's my judgement.
 After the first number I went to bed. That was enough for me. I hope whoever that girl in the orange dress was she got well paid. She looks like she has missed a number of meals, just skin and bone. It appeared none of the ladies could afford clothes that went all the way around them. The majority of them were open in the front at least to their waistline. I couldn't help it. I was remembering the television ads when I was a kid for the Playtex living bra. The line used to be it " lifts and separates " They were separated alright, that hasn't changed, the lift? Well guess that went out of style. Somebody said it makes the ladies feel empowered! If that is the case I knew a grandmother once that must have been a nuclear power plant! She was empowered alright. LOL
 Well I'm just an old person not into all this new music. I'm aware I sound like my father. Now I understand what he was talking about. They are some weird looking people. I guess once you have a lot of people admiring you and telling you how great you are, you start to believe it yourself. Then you start primping and posing. I saw a great deal of that on that red carpet. It was quite the costume party. One lady looked like a missile silo. And who was that with the angel wings? One looked like she was ready to go to the Preakness race. Those big hats are all the style there. I saw Miley Cyrus there. Guess she couldn't afford much as she was wearing a suit jacket borrowed from someone. It was way too big! Guess she couldn't afford a shirt either because she wasn't wearing one. She must not like some of the photographers because she kept sticking her tongue out at them. Miley Cyrus, now there's a piece of work.
 The news this morning is saying the ladies dominated the Grammys. They also said last year the ladies were snubbed. Was this year making up for that? Michele Obama was there too. I'm not sure what she had to do with anything. She did say music helped her tell her story, whatever that is supposed to mean. As I said I didn't stay up and listen to the show. I don't know if there were any political statements made. I am hearing about female empowerment, the ladies are taking over. Well okay, if you say so. I just remind myself that all this is supposed to be entertainment. I wasn't entertained for long. The costumes were funny I'll give them that much. Still wondering how anyone got that girl to wear pool noodles to the Grammys. Must be one heck of a salesman. The one lady announcer at the red carpet show kept telling the folks she interviewed, they look dope. Some of them looked like they used dope, I'd agree with her there. You look dope, yo. Entertainers, there are an amusement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment