Thursday, March 13, 2014

Out There

I have had a taste of spring and I want more. The warm breezes and sunshine acting like a drug awakening me from hibernation. I want to be outside. I have not wanted to spend any amount of time "out there" in months. It has been a place I have had to pass through to get somewhere else, inside ! Yes, I did venture forth with the first snowfall to take a few pictures. Yes, I went " out there " once to play with the grandkids. I went "out there" when I had too. Now, I wanna go "out there." I'm hooked and I want more.
I am already making plans for what I am going to do, "out there." There is grass to cut and flowers to plant. Lots to do. I'm thinking of outdoor projects. Maybe build a grape arbor or a fire pit. Maybe some modifications to the deck. Barbecue figures into the plan. My mind is fairly racing with ideas. I'm anxious to get going. Come on spring I'm waiting on you. Even time itself is anxious, the clock has jumped forward. Daylights burning.
For two days I felt the promise of spring. I saw the robins that came out of hiding. The crocus poking out of the ground. The air had a different feel to it. Even the people I met had a new attitude. The grumpiness of the winter doldrums burned away in the sunshine. Spirits were soaring. Now we have had a slight setback as that old polar vortex tries to return. I don't mind, it will not last long now. The trees will bud very soon and then spring will really be bustin' out all over ! I'm watching the cherry trees, they are the first indicator for me. I have seen the shoots of spring onions as well. Yes it will not be long before the sounds of mowers and blowers will fill the air. Bring it on.
When the spring finally gets here I plan on doing a little exploring. I'm grabbing the camera and taking long walks, " out there. " I think there are exciting things to see " out there. " I have been ducking in and out and hurrying through there for too long. I am finding out just what is " out there. " I am walking the back alleys and side streets. No telling what I may discover " out there. " Then after my exploration is complete I'll lie in the hammock " out there " and watch the sky for a while. Cloud watching is good for the soul. Of course it must be moderated, that is why I close my eyes, I'm not sleeping just moderating. All things in moderation my friend, perhaps that is what I should start with. All that grass cutting, projects and exploring might be too much right away. I'm thinking it may be best if I start out in moderation. String the hammock and watch the clouds for a bit, then just moderate. Yup. think that is I will do " out there. "

No comments:

Post a Comment