Saturday, March 22, 2014

A dream

I woke up remembering a portion of a dream. I rarely remember my dreams or even if I do dream. I am not one that believes in dreams. I don't think they mean anything. It is just your mind moving files around, just like your computer reorganizes the registry. I do believe it is just a natural occurrence and you have no control over it. Anyway, this fragment of a dream was two parallel lines. Like a set of railroad tracks. In dreams we know things. I knew that these lines represented good and bad. The good line was on the top and the bad on the bottom, logical right ? I could choose either line to travel upon and had done so, this time I was on the upper line. That is where the dream ended . I was awake. I lay for a moment thinking about that. I was left with a message. I could choose between right and wrong as often as I wanted, but was always on one of those lines. There is no inbetween.
As I said I don't really believe in dreams. This little snippet has left me thinking however. Life is not black and white,right and wrong. It seems to me we spend more of our time jumping  the track than following one exclusively. No one is all good or bad. What of the area between the lines ? Learning to make the right choices moves us forward. The line we spend the most time on determines our final destination. The upper line is the more difficult line to travel. Traveling that line requires self sacrifice. You must be willing to do what is right, not what is necessarily right for you, but what is right. Those traveling the bottom line may have an easier time of it now, but not so in the end. The things worth achieving are always this way.
This dream did not tell me if there was a limit to how many times you can jump the track. I was left with the impression that you travel your whole life just switching back and forth. I wonder if it is just whatever track you happen to be on when you reach the end ? That wouldn't seem logical though. Would it be the line I spent the most time on ? Total right vs total wrong? That doesn't seem right either. There would have to be room for redemption, wouldn't there ? Well, no one ever said life was fair, so maybe not. This switching of lines is by my own choice.
I can self analyze this dream. This dream is telling me to make the right choices in life. This dream offered reassurance and hope for the future. It is not too late, the line stretches before me. I saw no end. Seriously though it was just a dream and meant nothing at all. For a dream to have real meaning wouldn't I have to remember it ? My thinking is it can't be very important if I can't remember what it is. I will say that thinking has got me into trouble in the past however. Let's just say certain dates are indeed very important to remember. Also it helps to remember what to bring home from the grocery store ! Maybe that is the message I should take from this dream. Remember the things that are important to others because happiness comes from others. That happiness comes from making the right choices not just for you, but for the greater good. Of course the whole thing could also mean, stay between the lines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment