Sunday, August 11, 2013

Making Contact

I posted this strange happening on Facebook. Some of you reading this will remember it. For those that do not, I will tell the tale again.
I was shopping at the Walmart store with my wife and her sister. We had just picked up some prints from the Rite Aid drugstore. Joan, my wife's sister, wanted to buy some frames for these prints. We went to the aisle to look at frames. As the girls were checking some out I noticed a frame that said, record your message in the frame. The frames were lined up ,one behind the other, in a box. I reached in and took the second frame out of the box. There was a sticker on it saying, try me. So, I pushed the button on the side of the frame. About this time Joan was standing there and the frame said, " Hi Ben. " Joan ,astonished ,says to me, what did it say ? I pushed the button again and it repeated that message, " Hi Ben " in a soft, almost whisper like, female voice. It has an almost supernatural quality. I tried all the other frames in that box and each was loaded with a factory message in a male voice. It was very creepy ! Coincidence or fate ?
We left the frame sitting on the shelf and proceeded with our shopping. The subject of the frame kept reoccurring. Finally Joan says , I can't stand it, I have to buy that frame. We go back and get the frame. The girls are talking about it and speculating. By the time we got it home the theories were growing. I decided the voice may be my Great Grandmother Katherine. Hers is the only picture I don't have in a frame in my collection of ancestors. I immediately printed it and put it in that frame.
The mystery of how that recording got on that frame is one that will never be solved. I can assure you no one could have planted that there in anticipation of my arrival. There was no one else at the Walmart that even knew my name. In addition to that, in order to record a message on that frame one has to remove the battery cover,turn a switch,record the message,turn off a switch and then replace the cover. No way did anyone have any time to do any of that !
What do you think ? An unlikely coincidence or fate ? Was there intervention from beyond ? I often play the lottery but have never won a thing. Is this my stroke of luck ? Surely the odds are just as high. There is a website mentioned on the back of the frame for questions and help. Mychatterbox.com. I wonder if I should contact them ?  Maybe, just Maybe, they are waiting for my call. But who is waiting ? Not sure I want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment