Saturday, August 10, 2013

Happiness

Acceptance is the key to happiness. When one can accept a fact or situation for what it is , that leads to happiness. Happiness isn't necessarily jumping up and down with joy. Happiness can be much more subtle than that. Everyday that passes without sorrow, is a day of happiness. We all should learn to accept ourselves and our situations. That is the foundation. The motto of Alcoholic Anonymous is Give me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. It is this wisdom that we should really be focused upon. It is this wisdom that we should all seek. It is a difficult task.
I think our Grandparents had a better grasp on this concept than we do today. Their attitude was definitely different than ours. Some things will never change and there is no sense wasting your energy upon them. You may force someone to comply, but that is not acceptance. It is when free will is employed that happiness ensues. I can't make anyone have a good time or make their lives happy. Happiness is a personal thing.
My advice is , remain calm, reason it out and act accordingly. Take opportunity when offered ( answer the door ) but do not insist upon it. The road we walk is a long one. Do not stop at every attraction along the way. Decide upon the destination. Focus your attention there.
I would have to say I wandered around a bit in my youth and perhaps a bit beyond. I've got a few regrets. The road can be winding and it is easy to become lost. It does no good to dwell on the past. Learn from it certainly, but do not become bogged down in it. What we leave behind is not as important as the inspiration for the future that we may instill. All the great people in history have done this. They left inspiration. So, be inspired with obtaining happiness. Happiness is right there at your doorstep, no need to look any further than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment