Monday, August 12, 2024

A quick note

  I don't have time to think this morning, busy with a staycation. As a result, I'm not having any random thoughts, just making memories. Well, at the very least it is a change in routine for me. I have to say it isn't that bad, but changes can be unsettling. Amazing how stuck we can get in our habits and expectations. I have to take a bit of a road trip this morning as well, to do a welfare check on my grandson's cats. He's on vacation and so I am one of a group that will be helping out with that. He recently purchased a home and it's about an hour and a half from here. That's a lot of driving for me these days, I seldom go further than 25 miles from Greensboro. Yes, I am a bit of a homebody.
  I did make some cheesesteaks on my sons Blackstone grill, and I have to say they came out great. I'm a big fan of that Blackstone, may have to get one for myself. I'm planning on my next grilling adventure, maybe fried rice. I like the ease of cleanup after using that grill. I haven't had the time to enjoy his pool just yet but will most likely get some time later in the week. So, that's all that is happening with me this morning. I haven't been watching the news and so not much to be upset about. Now I know why an Ostrich sticks its head in the sand, it is peaceful. 
  So, it's time to get moving no more time for frivolity. Being on a staycation is serious business. Lots to do. Be safe out there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment