Sunday, February 6, 2022

on a mission

 Yesterday I got stuck in tech; again. All I wanted to do was watch the Olympics. I discovered that I had a subscription to the Peacock App, free, with my xfinity account. That should have been my first clue, free. I know that nothing is free and yet I took the bait. Signing up with my credentials in place I was ready to go. Not so fast! The first thing that happened was my wi-fi network disappears. I can get on the internet through the ethernet cable but no wi-fi capabilities. So after hours, literally hours, I am informed by Xfinity that bridge mode is enabled. Ok, so what? The representative says he will disable that. Just like that the wi-fi returns. Doesn't mean that I can watch the Olympics though, that is another issue entirely. One I'm still working on.
 Now I'm not one to quit and so I will continue with that this morning. I've been on chat help with two representatives that provided some help, then they both just ignored me. My son even stopped by and spent a couple hours working on this with me. Well, the bottom line is I am preoccupied with this tech challenge and can't focus on writing much. So I'm saying have a great day today, I'll be back! I take this stuff personally and will not relent until things are working right. That's how it goes. Free, yeah it's free alright. I'll find the catch or get it to work. One or the other.  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment