Sunday, May 30, 2021

what is says

  I heard a new term yesterday being bantered about. Generational Trauma! Yes, if something bad happened to one of your ancestors, or they witnessed something bad, and were traumatized, you may have inherited that trauma. Generation after generation being effected. Makes sense I guess, that why some people are afraid of the Ocean their ancestors traumatized by the flood! Things is, in those discussions it was being promoted that the only cure for generational trauma is reparations, to make you whole again. Well, it will somehow make your ancestors from generations back whole and so by extension you will be whole as well. 
 That was interesting to me as a Pastor of a church was expounding that theory. I wanted to ask the Pastor if he had read the Bible, the part about the sins of the fathers. Now, I'm no expert in Biblical passages, certainly no theologian, but my understanding of that is, I'm responsible for me. I am not responsible for whatever happened in the past, I'm responsible for what is happening today. It just seems like this generational trauma diagnosis is simply a path to get something for nothing. To be compensated for something that didn't happen to you, in fact, something that happened several generations back. The objective certainly isn't to erase that which took place in the past, I'm certain that tool will remain in the toolbox for future use, but to somehow qualify for property, or money based solely on past events.
 To me all of that is just a search for excuses. I haven't obtained what I want so I need to blame someone else. Why not blame those that can't contradict me, you know, those that are passed. they surely can't testify to the contrary. They may get to vote but they can't speak out anyway! So all that is necessary is to discover some traumatic event from generations past and blame my present day shortcomings and failures on that. It isn't my fault, I am traumatized! At least I became traumatized the second I found out the trauma an ancestor of mine suffered through. A generational transference of trauma. I should be compensated for that. 

, “Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. But each one shall die for his own sin.”  

That's what my Bible says. 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment