Friday, May 7, 2021

to the core

  It's an old adage, the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree, and one that came to mind yesterday. Isn't it amazing how that happens? It's almost as though it is a surprise. It shouldn't be. But yesterday, once again, I saw the evidence of that plain as day. I'm not going into details about the particulars of that today, I'm not interested in making this a gossip column, although that could be entertaining for a while. The problem with that is eventually I'd run out of readers, people hate reading gossip about themselves. It's true even when the gossip is true. I'm very much aware of that, I've been told that I haven't fallen far from the tree as well. Thing is, I aspire to be that tree! That old adage is generally thought to imply a bias, that the tree isn't such a good thing. I disagree, it is that very tree that gave me life. I should resemble that. Well of course the argument is that some trees require pruning and some should just be cut down. The arborist has to determine that. 
 In a way I think we are seeing the result of the fruit not falling far from the tree today. That's troubling to me because I thought I knew a lot of the trees. It's just that I thought those trees would mature to bear good fruit, instead it appears some have just borne fruit, we call them liberals. Liberals must spring from the old hippies that were busy dropping acid and dropping out. The draft dodgers and offspring of Doctor Spock, and I'm not talking about Star Trek. Whatever happened they are definitely a mutation. They surely aren't very resistant to disease or rot. A weak breed they seek shelter at every turn. I'm reassured by that though, they will, by natural selection die off. It's just that is a difficult process to watch. But I know they are the ones killing their own offspring. A bit shortsighted perhaps? Or are they really that unaware. All of that gives me hope for the future. There is still plenty of good fruit out there. They are the ones that will survive. 
 There is another saying, rotten to the core, to describe those that are just plain spoiled. The core is the life of the fruit. I'm thinking about the core that founded this nation. That core contains the moral and ethical values upon which this society was founded. It has nothing to do with race but is based in traditional Christian values. I know that is an unpopular topic these days among the liberal crowd, because those values, those ethics, those morals are poison to them. They are a restraint! It is their desire to destroy that core altogether. In that way they can just do as they please without constraint, what they often like to call judgement. Eliminate judgement and you eliminate guilt. What these liberals don't understand it just that, it is guilt that are having the battle with, not with the conservatives. The battle lies inside them. Guilt eats at their core and there is no defense against that. That results from having made concessions. Yes, you sell something every time you do that, why it is called a concession. That's simply how it works. True you get something you want, money or some other artificial reward but you had to concede something. Soon regret sets in, regret leads to guilt, and guilt creates anger. Liberals are angry people. angry all the time. Anger is their only tool. That's why they react they way they do when confronted about anything! Nothing infuriates a liberal more than common sense and an honest answer. Truth is the enemy. If there is right, there has to be a wrong. Wrong is what causes guilt. And that's what wrong with being liberal, you are guilty. What makes it worse is that you know it. But you have nothing left to concede to gain the reward you so desperately want. All you have is a perceived popularity, maybe a few government benefits, and little else.   

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rude answer yesterday proves how little you know about it. Dept of Justice has written letters about the possible illegality of what is being done in Arizona. C'mon, Ben....using UV lights to look for watermarks on ballots? And now looking for bamboo in paper to prove that China sent altered ballots. You are being BAMBOOzled,Man!!

    ReplyDelete