Monday, November 30, 2020

it can happen

 Yesterday I wrote a satirical piece about this no contact agenda being pushed today. It really has become a marketing tool for some under the guise of science. That's because we are supposed to worship science these days, placing that above any Gods. I've seen memes on Facebook from Roman Catholic Cardinals promoting just that. Well, it is something I've noticed and written about in the past, we are leaning toward a more convenient faith. All forgiveness all the time and there is no judgement except the judgement of God and God forgives you for anything, anytime, whenever you ask for that. In fact those that believe should never, ever, tell someone they are wrong in their lifestyle choices, that isn't Christian. But I'm not going into all of that again here this morning. No this morning I'm thinking about a virus.
 Yesterdays blog was quite popular. I checked the stats and it received 93 page views. That's a lot for my stuff. I did feel like I went viral! That's what they call it when you post something on social media and a lot of people see it or comment on it. Gotta say, it feels good to give others a viral infection. Is there a science behind that? I've seen ads saying there is. For a small fee there are people/companies that will get your stuff out there, wherever there is. Now that would be important if you feel like you could make a difference or a profit. I harbor no illusion that I can do either one. Thing is, I'm just fine with that. It's nice to receive encouragement, well wishes, and all of that but I take that with a grain, as the saying goes. I'll keep writing and posting until I grow bored with it. There are days when I just ain't feeling it and others when I'm excited about it. I still find it a rather amazing thing. I can write something and post it to a world wide audience, all from my living room. Then I remind myself as far as any broadcasts go I'm like an infomercial, mostly ignored, laughed about, and sometimes viewed with a skeptical eye. That's alright, I'm out there, in more ways than one. 
 I think the secret to all of this stuff is to let it remain an amusement. That's true when it amuses yourself. Amusing others is a bonus. My wife recently read a little about the singer Ricky Van Shelton, do you remember him? I heard him on the radio and wondered what happened with him. Turns out he just retired. He said he had made enough money and fame wasn't important or necessary for him to be happy. So he retired, spends his time with his wife, doing whatever he wants to do. Now that I admire. He kept his singing as an amusement to himself. It's true he used that amusement to make money, not a bad thing to do, but retained that by retiring. I expect he still likes singing. I also expect he is happy.
 Science is all about proof. If you can't prove it, it doesn't exist. But my thinking is it is really more about explaining. If I can explain something clearly enough I can convince you. Einstein said:" if you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough " There is much that science does not understand. Some advice from Einstein: " Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." 
 The reason science and faith don't mix well is evident enough. Science requires proof and religion does not. Experience is the best teacher however and both faith and science can be experienced. In the past it was faith that we were taught would get us through. Didn't matter what it was we had to get through, faith would carry the day. Now it's science. Now we are being told to just follow the science, sure you can keep your religion as an amusement, but don't place any real faith in that saving you! As far as government goes, the United States established the separation of church and state. That was no whim, it was deliberate. Remember we were establishing a Republic. A government of the people, by the people, for the people. Religion was not to be used to drive government functions. 
 Today the government is using science to drive that. Interesting to note is what Karl Marx had to say about religion. He said, "Religion is the opium of the people. It is the task of the communist party to make this truth comprehensible to the widest possible circles of  laboring masses." How can you do that? Replace it with science. Make as many people as possible accept science as the only real truth, religion, faith, is just a drug. We are one nation under God, that is what the dream is, the vision, the ultimate goal. Shall we replace that with science? I'd say if you can frighten the population enough you can make it happen. Might take a generation or two, but it can happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment