Friday, May 15, 2020

hopefully

 So I'm driving the car and my phone rings. I tell the wife to answer it because, you know, I don't use the phone and drive. So she picks it up but it is just a message. I've got a new phone and still don't remember the tone for an actual call or the one for a message. Turns out there are two messages on there. The first one she reads and gives me a puzzled look. What the heck is this? At my first opportunity I stop  the car and look at the phone message. It says, Hi this is Megan. She is asking when I want to schedule a tattoo. Hmm, I don't know Megan and haven't been considering a tattoo. So I just report that call as spam and block it. Problem solved. The next message is from the medical group that I use. They wants to assure me they were still there for all my medical needs. They aren't taking patients in person, but would gladly schedule a tele-med session. I felt like a was getting a call soliciting vinyl siding or something.
 My wife asks about that and I explain to her how they want to just do a doctors visit over the phone or computer. She just laughs saying, yeah I know with the video thing. I reply yup, I'm not doing that, it would be like having phone sex! I mean, the doctor will " look " at whatever issue you have right. What if that area is, shall we say, an intimate area like they sat in the television commercials. Am I to just stick my parts in front of the phone? Not me, next thing you know you're a you tube sensation! I have no confidence in confidentiality with any of that. In Baltimore they have contracted airplanes that fly over the city with cameras in an attempt to curtail crime. People are in an uproar, they have an expectation of privacy while on the streets! This airplane could take a picture of them while they are committing a crime and that's not fair. And now my doctor wants me to expose myself on the internet? I don't think so. You want me to put that phone where?
 Well times sure have changed that's for certain. When I was younger we would say, I wouldn't touch her with a ten foot pole! Today the government calls it social distancing and six foot is good. I don't think they have developed a cure for cooties yet though, a big issue years back. In " reopening " the state there are several guidelines being implemented. One of them is if you are going to a restaurant or store you will now have to provide your name, address, and telephone number. The purpose of that? Contact tracing. That way, remember this is for your safety, if you come into contact with someone that has tested positive for Covid 19, you can be contacted. I'm certain that information wouldn't be used for anything ese, you know, like trying to sell you stuff. Nah, it would be completely confidential information. Heck we are already getting messages on the computer that we should contact so and so because we have been exposed to Covid 19 and need to take action right away. It's bad enough that Lowes and Joanne's Fabric, among others, always ask for a phone number when you check out. Do you have an e-mail address? No concern with privacy with any of that though. I suppose this " contact tracing " has been going on a lot longer than I was aware of, it's just now they are open about it! In fact the government is now making it a requirement. Think about that, no phone, no address, no e-mail, no service! And I'm equally certain that no one would give false information about any of that either. But given time, we will all be chipped at birth, just scan a fingertip or whatever. You will be assigned a number. Just like a secret agent man, they've given you a number and taken way your name. Hey we already get a social security number, it's not too much of a stretch to be chipped. It'll be for your own good, your own safety. That way you can be sure you will receive whatever government benefits the government decides to provide you. No chip, no benefits. Unchipped people will be contained in specific areas so as not to come into contact with the " compliant " citizens. It'll be for the good of others, putting the unchipped into containment areas I mean. That will be for the good of others and something all good citizens will fully support. It'll be your parotitic duty in fact. Report the unchipped to the proper authority. The government authority needs to know just who is coming into contact with whom. In fact they need to know, who, where what, why and when. It's for others. Don't be selfish, share that information with the authorities. You should have no expectation of privacy at any time. Are we to receive a vaccine or a chip? You decide. They are saying that no one will be safe until we are all vaccinated! Or is it that we will all be chipped? Sounds like science fiction doesn't it? Hopefully, it is.     

No comments:

Post a Comment