Thursday, November 14, 2019

what's the gain

 After having spent nearly six hours listening to the impeachment proceedings, six hours I can't get back, there is only one conclusion to be made, Until we can read minds no one can say what the intent of the President was. For hours I listened as professional diplomats, spoke diplomatically. Ambassador Hall was particularly diplomatic, emphasizing that diplomats serve at the pleasure of the president. Sounded more like he was concerned for his pension that anything else. The other gentleman, the one with the bow tie, just look annoyed. My sense was that he felt " put out " because he was being questioned! Looked like arrogance to me. The thing is, neither of those gentlemen make foreign policy, there job is solely to relay what the State Department policy is to a foreign power. Diplomats are messengers and little else.
 I waited, watched and listened for evidence. This inquiry is supposed to be gathering evidence, although the main stream media constantly says, the gathering of testimony. I can get anyone to testify about anything I want, but that doesn't necessarily make it evidence. Neither of those " witnesses " have ever met the President, never been in the oval office in fact. Neither one has ever heard President Trump say anything directly to them. Their entire testimony consisted of, someone told me that they heard someone else say. Oh, and I took notes, I even put parenthesis around " key " words. At one point Ambassador Hall says, it's unusual but not that unusual. Now that's diplomatic.    What was most telling as far as I'm concerned was these diplomats being the first witnesses called. Is that the best the Democrats have to offer? After having held interviews in the basement of the Whitehouse, this is the most damming evidence they can present? I was told by someone that somebody spoke to someone who said they heard? The sense I got was these diplomats were miffed that it wasn't business as usual with Ukraine. Ambassador Hall seemed to have a great affinity for the Ukraine, having spent years there. Yes, yes, I know he was a combat veteran, a war hero. Thing is, he is just a man like any other when it comes right down to it. In his testimony he stated, very diplomatically, that he had no opinion on whether the President had committed an impeachable offense. I do think these diplomats didn't like the applecart being upset. Yes, it made their jobs a little more difficult when they couldn't just say, our President will give you anything you want, no strings attached. We have already given your country 1.5 Billion dollars and we'll be glad to give you more, no problem.
 Did Trump want Biden and Burisma investigated? Yes, I don't think anyone will deny that. I don't think Trump would deny that. The question is, did he want that investigated for personal gain? I don't know, I'm not a mind reader. If I were asked should Biden and Burisma be investigated for possible corruption I would answer, yes. Would I gain anything? No, but corruption is obviously a big problem in the Ukraine. Did then vice  president Biden give Ukraine six hours to fire the prosecutor? Yes he did, he even bragged about doing so. Did his son then gain a position at Burisma? Yes, he did. Coincidence? Well I heard from a friend, that heard a conversation overheard on a cell phone that Hunter Biden was given this position as a way to funnel money to his Dad for a presidential campaign. Of course I have never spoken to Biden, never even met Biden but still, that's what I heard.
 So I'm still listening, waiting for the smoking gun. The Ukraine received the aid, in fact more aid than they have previously received. I heard the Diplomat state that a Ukrainian soldier had been shot and four wounded in one day. The implication being it was somehow Trumps fault because the money had been delayed. Here's a fact, nearly 4000 people were murdered in Chicago, Obamas adopted city, during his presidency. Is he responsible for that? How much aid did he send to that American city in an effort to save lives? Remember he is the one that sent blankets and instant meals to Ukraine to protect themselves against the big bad Russians.
 I don't pretend to be some expert on foreign affairs. I really don't know how all that works. I do know they are politicians and diplomats. I also know it isn't the wisest thing to trust either one of those groups without first having done some serious homework. It's my feeling the job of the President is to protect American interests first and foremost. Handing over taxpayer monies to a foreign nation should be predicated upon some conditions, we are a nation, not a charity! The Democrats keep insisting that Trump was trying to get Ukraine to investigate Biden for a political advantage in the 2020 election. My question is why? Trump isn't taking his salary, he's already the President, so what is the big gain? If he wins again what is the personal gain to him? If one were to just look at stats, he has accomplished a great deal as far as job growth and economic growth in the nation. Hate him if you must but facts are facts. So what is the personal gain for him? To simply say, I won reelection? No, I just can't see what the gain is. Another four years of being called names, made fun of, disrespected, family attacked, and giving your salary to a charity, that's the gain? Trump is all about business, all about making a buck. If the Obamas are any indication you can make far more money being an ex president than you can being in that office, even if it was for eight years! He and his wife have made millions. Bill and Hillary claimed there were broke when they left the white house, probably why she took the silverware, but have apparently made quite the comeback, shoot Bill made a cool half-million for one speech! Where was that, Russia. But Trump wants Biden investigated for personal gain. He should just quit, give a few speeches, write a couple books and buy a house at Marthas Vineyard, you know be neighbors of Obama. make it easier for the secret service to keep tabs on all of them. But, here we are, we'll see.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment