Thursday, November 21, 2019

thoughts

 The title of this blog is Random Thoughts and Memories. I chose that title for a reason. I chose it to express my intention to share my random thoughts and memories. Seems pretty self explanatory to me but now I feel it may need clarification. There are some that apparently believe I am married to those random thoughts I share. Whereas it is true I seldom dispute what I write, I get along with myself better than anyone else I know, I will occasionally have a different thought about the same topic. When that happens I write those thoughts down. There have been times when I was called out on that. Well I guess that's fair enough, I do enjoy reading any comments folks chose to leave. The only time I get annoyed is when others attempt to edit my memory. Yes, I've had that happen as well. It's rather amusing in retrospect. Not so amusing at first though and I admit to that.
 Now as anyone of you that have read more than two or three of my postings knows I'm liable to write about anything. Yes it really is just random. The news, politics, whatever is " trending " and other things stimulate these thoughts. I'm not surprised when others don't agree with me all the time. Talk to anyone long enough and you will find things you disagree on. That's even true with your wife! Hey guys, am I right? Yeah, even when I'm right I'm wrong sometimes. But anyway anything may start me thinking. This morning there was a short snippet on the news. A little boy was shown putting candy back into a treat or treat bowl on someone's porch. Perhaps you've seen the story. Briefly, he is trick or treating and goes on the porch where a pumpkin shaped bowl is sitting. He looks in and sees that it is empty. He takes his own candy and puts it back into the bowl obviously thinking about others. Like a lot of things these days it was caught on video, posted and went viral. Walmart is now rewarding the child with candy for his generous act. Like the majority of people seeing that I am impressed with this young mans' generosity. Then I think, I hope they don't spoil this young man with their praise and accolades. I hope they just let this act go by and not allow it to define him. There is far too much of that going around, in my opinion. You are free to disagree.
 I am amazed at times at how much import my words must have with some. There are those that will rant and rave about whatever I have written, even when what I wrote was just personal memories or my perceptions. At times you would think I was responsible for establishing the law of the land or something. Shakespeare wrote about the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune and I've certainly experienced slings and arrows. They come from all directions at times. No matter though I have a shield, the shield of common sense.
 On the news this morning I keep hearing about a bombshell moment in the impeachment testimony. The narrative is, Ambassador Sondland testified that there was a quid pro qoa between the United States and Ukraine and everyone knew about it. But yet the bombshell moment reported on the news has a clip of Schiff saying, " was there a quid pro quo, the answer is yes " If Sondland said that why are you not showing a clip of him saying that? The answer has to be, because he didn't say that. Common sense strikes again. Schiff answered the question, providing the answer he was hoping to hear. Sure seems obvious enough to me that this hearing is nothing more than an attempt to get testimony that agrees with what the committee wants to hear. I see no interest in the truth, I see an interest in, we hate Donald Trump and need a reason to impeach him before he gets reelected. We will do that even if we have to provide the answers! But that's politics I suppose. Here's a bit of common sense. If I am going to give you millions of dollars I expect something in return. Yup, I do. If I give you a gift, any gift, I do expect a thank you. That's true even when I would testify that I expected nothing in return, your happiness is enough for me, and a thank you was unnecessary. And right after that testimony, under my breath, I'd be saying, ungrateful son of a gun. That's life, that's reality and that's common sense. It is also my thoughts, you may think differently. 

No comments:

Post a Comment