Wednesday, October 10, 2018

uncertain

 This morning I find myself ruminating. My thoughts are so deep I can't see them! That's a problem when trying to post. Today is my sisters birthday and one of my granddaughter's too. One is 67 and the other 15. I won't mention names, it's not nice to tell a ladies age. Suffice to say I wish them both Happy Birthday.
 It is easy to get disillusioned these days. I listen to the pundits on the television, I read the comments on social media and see the viral videos, not many encouraging I can tell you that. What I see is a refusal to accept facts and reality. That's the disillusionment. It is the source of that rumination. How can so many be so misguided? There doesn't appear to be any sense of direction in any of this. Otherwise intelligent people acting like a bunch of fools. Where is the self discipline? Where is the common sense?
 I'm thinking the most troubling is the realization that there are many that would dismiss the presumption of innocence to further their agenda. I'm certain you have seen that meme that says, only two votes preserved the presumption of innocence. A shocking truth if given thought. Two votes separated us, the United States of America from some third world backwoods nation that convicts people based on rumor, innuendo, or outright lies. A judicial committee of the United States Senate voted in nearly a fifty- fifty split on just that. Think about that. It was the same odds as a coin toss!
 Well, I'll continue my ruminating until I see what it is I'm thinking about. At this point, I'm just not certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment