Monday, October 22, 2018

Mob rule?

 This is one of those rare mornings when I don't have much to say. It has turned a little chilly and I'm distracted by that. There is no big outrage occurring at the moment and that is an amazing thing. Well I guess I shouldn't be so amazed, the current concern is from the more conservative members of our society. Conservatives tend to decide upon a course of action and implement that without riots, parades or ribbons! Our southern border is being threatened with an invasion and we conservatives know what to do. We will close the border! We have every right to do so, being a sovereign nation. Yes, that's correct, we have an absolute right to protect and control our borders. You see, a conservative view. It's just the fact of the matter. There isn't much more to do about that at the moment.
 I do get a sense that something is going to happen. Call it the calm before the storm. It's quiet, too quiet, as they say in the movies. The mid-terms are coming up fast, and early voting has begun. I'm hoping for a large turn-out. I'm hoping for that turn-out not to elect my party of choice, but rather to wake some folks up to reality. I do believe the majority of the population has common sense and can make common sense decisions. The ballot box does afford us that anonymity to cast our ballot in that way. My thinking is there are many that just don't want to openly support the conservative view, it's not the popular choice at the moment. A great deal of that has to do with the media. Common sense isn't very sensational you know? The media deals in the sensational, the outrageous and the selling of a product. The media is a business folks, not a source of information. They gave up on that a long time ago. Once the television networks found out they could increase their ratings with Jerry Springer and Geraldo, it was all downhill from there.
 Well, that's about all I have to say this morning. It's a lot to think about though. The situation on the border is going to be a big mess, no doubt about that. I'm hoping there isn't a big clash and lives are lost. Still when you have thousands of people determined to do something what else can you expect. The proverbial line in the sand has to be drawn! We can't allow caravans of people to just march into our country and make demands. I wonder though, just who is feeding and providing this caravan with supplies? I'm not buying that you are a refugee or asylum seeker marching 2600 or more miles without any assistance. If you had nothing in your country, and that's why you left, where did you get what you have? You carried over sixty days work of supplies from Honduras to the southern border of the United States? Sorry, not buying that at all.
 Guess that is what is on my mind after all. I do feel nervous about it. This ain't going to be good folks, but it is something that will have to be done. Do it now, or it will continue. It has been growing over the years. As Barney Fife would say, nip it, you have to nip it in the bud. I'm thinking it is a bit more than a bud now but not too late to cut it off. That isn't a caravan, it's a mob,  no different than a bunch of vigilantes. Law and order must be upheld and upheld now. We can't allow the mob to rule.  

No comments:

Post a Comment