Thursday, March 1, 2018

heads up

 Just when you think you're heard it all, a new one pops up. I'm reading the posts on my timeline when I notice this meme. It says that NBC reported there were 6000 pedestrians deaths last year, the majority caused by people distracted by their cell phone. So, I'm reading the responses and chuckling until I read this one : the solution is simple, people are turning off the I'm driving feature of the GPS system. Make the phone so you can't turn that feature off . My immediate response was, or pay attention to what you are doing ! I turned to the wife, and explaining this remarked, we're doomed I tell you, we're doomed ! If we have people out there wandering around in the streets,  or walking on the pier and require their phone to tell them were they are, we're lost ! The sheep are walking off the cliff.  Big brother needs to herd them and the GPS system is going to be the shepherd. I can't help but shake my head in amazement and wonder. Yes, we all get distracted and do stupid stuff,  but to blame the phone for not warning us ? Now, that's stupid !
 I've heard other people my age saying, I'm getting too old for this world, people have gone crazy. Everyday I see more outlandish stuff in the news. Some of this stuff is just horrific in its' total disregard for humanity. Mass shootings, terrorists attacks and suffering all over the globe. Other things are just ridiculous nonsense. We have to choose our pronouns carefully and statues offend us. I understand exactly what they mean but me, I gotta hang around just to see how it all turns out ! I want to see what happens when the millennials are triggered by reality ! There will come a day of reckoning. Those safe spaces and fidget spinners ain't gonna save their butt. What are they gonna do when the criminals are armed to the teeth and all they have left is gummy bears and rhetoric ? Shall we call the crisis intervention team, or just have a group hug. Aren't there counselors for this ? Well never mind, we'll just smoke some medical marijuana and it'll be cool. We can just check our phone, google the answer, and be warned that we are crossing a street. That gives me an idea for a new app, can we install an idiot alert ! If you are about to walk into oncoming traffic or off the end of the pier, or the side of a mountain your phone alerts you with, HEY IDIOT look up. The heads up app ! Sounds like a winner.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment